Company: PCC SACC
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Principal ObjectiveUnder the direct supervision
of the SACC Site Director, Swim & Gym Counselors are responsible
for the safety and supervision of their assigned camper group. Swim
& Gym Counselors lead safe structured activities for campers to
enjoy and remember. Swim & Gym Counselors are key in representing
PCC SACC to Redwood City families.
Job Summary A Swim & Gym Counselor provides
excellent group instruction involving all students equally while
implementing scheduled activities that enrich the summer for all
campers. The Swim & Gym Counselor develops positive relationships
and strives to know campers by name and find ways to encourage
campers to explore their faith in God. The Swim & Gym Counselors
role is to act as a teacher and a positive role model. The Swim &
Gym Counselor must engage their groups in both teams and individual
activities, while going over safety and camp rules. Swim & Gym
Counselors not only teach camp activities but social interaction
skills as well. The Swim & Gym Counselors play a crucial role in
helping PCC SACC make Swim & Gym a memorable and enriching
experience for campers.
Requirements Walk Deep (Character +
Calling) Integrity: Honest,
follows-through, accepts personal responsibility, accountable.
Passionate: Believes and strives to achieve the
PCC SACC mission and vision. Passionate about children discovering
Leadership: Holds self and others accountable,
leads camper groups for success, influences and inspires those
around you, listens and learns from others.
Drive Well (Competence + Chemistry)
Work ethic: Ability to work independently,
takes initiative, strives for excellence, complete assigned tasks,
strong quality of work, enthusiasm, teachable, shows full
participation during trainings.
Knowledgeable: Understands children's day camp
activities, children's bible topics, and safety of working with
Customer service: Courteous, strong communication
skills, attentive to others, patience, and comfortable giving
progress reports to parents.
Professionalism: Punctuality, proper work attire,
positive attitude, excellent attendance, and uses appropriate
language with campers and staff at all times.
Experience: 1+ years of experience working with
kids in a camp setting. Experience working in faith-based
Education: High school degree or equivalent.
Get Off Campus (Community + Commitment)Teamwork:
Able to work with others towards a common goal, create a positive
working atmosphere, support others to better team performance,
gives and receives constructive feedback.
Reputation: Prioritizes community building and
helping strengthen SACCs relationship with the local parent
Adaptability: Willingness and ability to make
quick decisions, perseveres in difficult situations and/or
circumstances or when faced with conflicting priorities, keeps
Physical Requirements Able to stand and move
around a large area for up to four hours at a time. Able to lift
and transport up to 30 pounds of equipment.
Principal Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead group of campers through daily camp activities.
- Setup, lead, and breakdown 3 to 4 camp activities per day.
- Manages and cares for the assigned classroom.
- Ensures that the classroom is cleaned and prepared for the next
ministry to use.
- Safely navigate campers through PCC campus.
- Participate in daily Bible Time programming.
- Adjust and adapt camp curriculum to meet individual camper
needs and abilities.
- Lead group camper through group discussions.
- Communicate and work with counselors, office staff and parents
to discuss camper behavior and progress.
- Learn and implement camp rules and policies.
- Develop individual relationships with students.
- Tend to campers social and emotional needs throughout the
- Follow safety and injury procedures at all times.
- Help other groups with day-to-day needs (subs, equipment needs,
additional supervision, etc.).
- Create and coordinate unique group experiences (group songs,
camp traditions, group parties, etc.).
- Give ongoing constructive feedback to fellow SACC staff.
- Complete assigned training items during training week.
- Attend weekly mandatory staff meetings.
- Communicate program needs to office staff.
- Strive to live out the SACC mission and vision.
Keywords: PCC SACC, Redwood City , Counselor, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!