Staff Software Engineer - Databases & Distributed Systems
Company: Branch Metrics
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 2, 2021
At Branch, we're transforming how brands and users interact
across digital platforms. Our mobile marketing and deep linking
solutions are trusted to deliver seamless experiences that increase
ROI, decrease wasted spend, and eliminate siloed attribution. Our
team consists of smart, humble, and collaborative people who value
ownership over all we do to create a product, team, and company
that lives and breathes our motto: Build Together, Grow Together,
We are hiring a Staff Software Engineer for our Identity team in
Redwood City, CA. You will work alongside a small and deeply
hardworking engineering group, building out services that power
mobile experiences for a majority of top companies around the
world. Today, we are powering over 12 billion API transactions a
day and growing rapidly. You will wear different hats along the
way, traversing our stack, working across our application and data
pipelines using languages like Java and frameworks like Spark,
while shaping our entire system architecture. If this sounds
appealing to you, you will feel right at home at Branch!
If you are passionate about building scalable software services
handling tens of billions of low latency requests per day, come
As a Staff Software Engineer - Databases & Distributed Systems
you'll get to:
- Work on building everything from APIs to backend systems across
a range of technologies to support new and improved functionality
that meets product needs.
- Lead the design and implementation of complex systems end to
end - be it a new service to power new functionality or data
pipelines to ingest large volumes of data or implementing state of
the art complex algorithms.
- Be responsible for scoping, defining and leading design and
implementation across multi-functional teams. You will often take
vague product requirements and be responsible for breaking them
down into smaller components displaying committed prioritization
- Work collaboratively with product managers, infrastructure,
platform and data engineers to refine requirements, architect and
implement complex systems.
- Debug hard problems - that's a given! When things break -- and
they will -- you will find yourself debugging those challenging
bugs and will be eager and able to fix things.
- Have a data first approach to iterative development.
- Mentor other specialists and chip in to the team growth and
- Continuously learn something new, whether it's a new technology
or a quirk of a language we otherwise didn't know. On occasion, you
may find yourself picking up a new language or working with an
unfamiliar platform. If this does not intimidate you, and you're
eager to dive in and get the job done you will be right at
You'll be a good fit if you have:
- Professional experience building backend systems and APIs for
- Strong experience in Java and comfortable diving in to any
language or technology.
- Experience with databases like Postgres, MySQL and familiarity
with Redis, Kafka, Memcached, Spark.
- Experience working with modern cloud based microservice
- Good knowledge of concurrency, resiliency and caching.
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team
- Ability to display a significant ownership of features and
systems and pursues a result driven development approach consistent
- Passion for building and shipping phenomenal customer facing
- Ability to write readable and testable code.
- A data first approach to iterative development.
- High attention to detail and a strong desire to continually
A little bit about us:
- Branch has raised more than $330M from investors such as NEA,
Founders Fund, and Playground Ventures.
- We are headquartered in Silicon Valley and have presence all
over the world.
- Branch Ranked No. 3 Fastest-Growing Company in North America on
Deloitte's 2020 Technology Fast 500.
- Diversity at Branch ranks in the top 10% for similarly sized
companies (by Comparably).
- In 2020, we are recognized as one of Forbes Best Startups,
Great Places to Work, and Bay Area Best Places to Work.
- We have more than 3 billion monthly users and are partnered
with over 75,000 apps.
If you think you'd be a good fit for this role, we'd love for
you to apply! At Branch, we strive to create an inclusive culture
that encourages people from different backgrounds to bring their
unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an
environment that empowers us all to do the best work of our lives,
and we can't wait to show you what we have to offer
Keywords: Branch Metrics, Redwood City , Staff Software Engineer - Databases & Distributed Systems, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!