Software Engineer - Research Scientist
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 2, 2021
Working at the intersection of hardware, software, and molecular
science, we are committed to delivering on the promise of 3D
printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic
prototyping to 3D manufacturing. Our company is built on the idea
that diverse fields of study must come together to solve
intractable problems. We have grand ambitions to create technology
that will influence industry around the world.
Conceive and develop novel, accurate neural implicit geometry
algorithms and advanced tightly integrated hardware technologies
for real-time neural implicit rendering and other computational
geometry operations like set operations, collision detection,
affine and non-linear transformations
Implement proof-of-concept prototypes that redefine the
state-of-the-art in the field of 3D geometry and deep learning.
Collaborate with team members from prototyping through
production to advance the entire project
Contribute to the research that can be applied to product
development for Carbon
Preferred Skills and Experience
- MS/PhD in computer science, machine learning, applied
mathematics or related field
- 2+ years experience as a Postdoc or in the industry.
- Experience in building new algorithms based on neural networks
for 2D/3D geometry/images related data.
- Experience with research publicized in high-impact journals and
international conference presentations or publications.
- Experience working on a team that ships product
- Proficiency in using Tensorflow or Pytorch for 2D/3D data
Nice to Have
- Building and shipping significant software components
- Exposure to optimizing the geometry algorithms for GPU
- Enthusiastic about creating a geometry kernel for rendering and
design related operations!
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for
this position. Here at Carbon, we know that diverse perspectives
foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are
committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of
backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Keywords: Carbon, Redwood City , Software Engineer - Research Scientist, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!