Company: Stanford University
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 2, 2021
This is a 1-year fixed term position, 75% FTE.
The COVID-19 pandemic has altered the way we operate and how we
work. Stanfords workforce has embraced a distributed, remote
experience and continues to adapt to the evolving workplace
landscape. While Stanfords campus has expanded virtually, the
university continues to gradually restart onsite operations,
research and academic activities. This position will help the HR
community, people managers and employees navigate and understand
the ongoing changes in policy, processes and protocols. This is a
fixed-term position at 75% time.
Under the guidance of the Director of Employee Communications in
HR Communications, the Marketing Specialist will be responsible
- Developing and implementing communications and marketing
initiatives to support HR leadership, people managers and employees
navigate the ongoing workplace changes due to the COVID-19
- Serving as a strategic thought partner on various COVID-19
committees including Return to Workplace, Policy and Testing.
- Collaborating with communications colleagues across the
university to ensure message consistency across multiple
- Creating resources, tools and best practices to support our
virtual work environment, and prepare for the gradual return to
- Collaborating with and directing external vendors, agencies or
consultants retained for specific projects or activities (such as
- Recommend and execute marketing communications strategies to
meet business objectives.
- Develop and manage communications plans to support
COVID-related initiatives, including collaboration with internal
stakeholders and vendor partners.
- Implement integrated marketing communications and brand
strategy, across a variety of channels (i.e., digital and
- Oversee design and production of marketing materials from
inception to deployment.
- Conduct campaign assessment to inform decisions regarding
strategic marketing direction, channel management and audience
targeting. Recommend marketing enhancements based on findings.
- Plan and execute events to support marketing objectives.
- Manage vendors/consultants on specific projects.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience; or a
combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience in product, program and/or services
- Ability to drive cross-functional groups toward a common
- Experience with project management and the ability to manage
multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understands how to implement integrated marketing programs
across channels including digital and print.
- Experience with market research and data analysis.
- Demonstrated problem solver.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine
- Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the
University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee
with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the
essential functions of the job.
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu .
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by
positions in this job classification and are not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and
responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs
without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level
of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative
action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Part-time
- Job Code: 4893
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 88021
Keywords: Stanford University, Redwood City , Hr Communications, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!