Staff Communications Designer, Education
Company: Chan Zuckerberg
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 2, 2021
Founded by Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan
Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that's
leveraging technology to help solve some of society's toughest
challenges - from eradicating disease, to improving education.
Across our core initiatives of Science and Education, we're pairing
engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and
advocacy, to progress in our mission of building an inclusive, just
and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas -
regardless of structure and stage - and help them scale by pairing
engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that
accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to
iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also
realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the
communities we serve because no one understands our society's
challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people
from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each
other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look
for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically
marginalized groups - women, people with disabilities, people of
color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay,
bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and
second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different
In Education, we aim to ensure all young people have the
knowledge, skills, habits, and agency they need to thrive in an
ever changing world. Through grantmaking, impact investments and
research and engineering we are partnering with students,
educators, and parents to build and support tools and programs that
make it easier to apply the science behind how people learn and
develop to education. Examples of our work include our partnership
with Summit Learning and our development of Along. Summit Learning
is a differentiated approach to education developed by Summit
Public Schools in partnership Gradient Learning. With Summit
Learning, students gain the skills, knowledge and habits to succeed
in college and enter adulthood with a clear vision for achieving
purpose and wellbeing in life. The Along product helps teachers
connect with their students, and teach important life skills, all
while staying delightful and engaging. You will work in a
cross-functional team with subject-matter experts, product
managers, researchers, educators, and engineers across these two
We're looking for a Sr. Comms Designer who is passionate about
the intersection of education, technology, and product marketing to
join our central creative team. This designer will be responsible
for designing and bringing to life our product brand across our
product portfolio. You will collaborate and partner deeply with
Product, Marketing, and Communications to understand our market
goals and deliver brand experiences, support the development of the
Summit Learning Program through our design system, and Summit's
product marketing through our marketing website and creative
Our education design team is responsible for delivering quality
software that improves how:
- Teachers facilitate personalized projects where students can
build and demonstrate cognitive skills.
- Students work through content and assessments at their own
- Teachers individualize instruction using real-time data.
- Students work with teacher mentors to develop a growth mindset,
emotional intelligence, and self-directed learning skills.
The platform, marketing websites, and collateral you will help
design will be used by teachers and students within the Summit
Learning Platform and within Along. If you are mission-driven and
are committed to building transformative technologies, we want to
hear from you.
- Design brand and creative collateral across mediums - web,
mobile, video, email, social, print, illustration, etc.
- Shape how the visual identity of the Summit Learning Platform
and Along gets expressed in new mediums.
- Be an advocate for brand consistency, ensuring that materials
for SLP and Along support and strengthen each product's brand and
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, product
design, marketing/communication, engineering, data science, and
- Engage in a creative feedback process with other designers on
the team through regular critiques.
- Play a key role in growing our design team through craft
- 6+ years of experience developing well-crafted, inspiring brand
and creative visual designs across various mediums.
- 3+ years of managing and leading design projects.
- A portfolio of your design work that showcases exceptional
brand and communications design, as well as what you value as a
- Proficient across the creative spectrum and process, with an
understanding of skill and execution requirements across visual
design, art direction, and brand positioning.
- Agency experience or experience partnering with agencies.
- Experience working with and managing vendors to execute on
- Experience working on cross functional teams, product
marketing, product design, content strategists, and/or
- Strong communication and storytelling skills.
- An ability to clearly, optimally, and consistently articulate
rationale for design decisions.
- Passionate about impacting the future of education.
- Curious, collaborative and inclusive spirit, you like to bring
others into your design process.
Keywords: Chan Zuckerberg, Redwood City , Staff Communications Designer, Education, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!