Software Engineer - Commerce & Identity Platform
Company: Electronic Arts
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 2, 2021
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services
that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA
ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our
platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful
relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which
EA's games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game
teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus
on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of
high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and
AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
The Challenge Ahead
The commerce and identity team is part of EADP (EA digital
platform) which develops one of the largest eCommerce and Identity
platforms to power hundreds of cross-platform games played by
hundreds of millions of players. The distributed online platform
provides foundation services to games including identity
management, authentication, authorization, account security,
subscription, billing, payment, virtual currency, provisioning,
entitlement, risk and fraud at 24x7 with 99.99% reliability.
Open-source technologies are widely used such as docker, MySQL,
MemCached, Redis, Kafka, ActiveMQ, Spark and others. This is a
unique opportunity to work on online space for a great game
What you will do at EA
You will be a Software Engineer on the Commerce Platform team
and will help design and implement our commerce/identity management
system and platform development.
- Work with program managers to understand requirements and
translate them into technical designs which are signed off by the
- Participate in technical design and implementation of
- Design underlying database schema, interface, and plan for
- Implement high-quality code with comprehensive unit
- Be an expert in your area.
- Fix bugs raised from stabilization, integration and
- Troubleshoot issues raised from production and resolve customer
- Evaluate and adopt technologies which improve the team
efficiency and platform capabilities.
- Code review peer developer's code and provide constructive
feedback to ensure consistency and quality of code.
- BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 2+ years experience professional software development
experience with large scale system software
- Familiar with one of programing languages such as Java, C# or
- Solid computer science background including Algorithm, Data
Structure, Operation System and Database, you're a true
- Passionate to be a full-stack engineer with a desire to
- You enjoy solving complex problems
Keywords: Electronic Arts, Redwood City , Software Engineer - Commerce & Identity Platform, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!