Technical Specialist, Engineered Cells
Company: Synthego Corporation
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 2, 2021
Synthego is looking for a Technical Specialist, Engineered Cells
to support our fast-growing Engineered Cells portfolio in
conducting scientific review of incoming projects and customer
communication. An ideal candidate is a technical detail-oriented
person who enjoys working in close collaboration with different
teams and has excellent communication and project management
This role is part of Synthegos Technical Support & Customer
Success team and reports directly to the Associate Director of
Technical Support & Customer Success. They will be responsible for
assessing scientific feasibility of CRISPR-editing on incoming
Engineered Cells projects, and assisting in pre- and post-sale
This role involves working closely with the Operations and
Product Management team, to align on feasibility decisions and
sales teams to ensure clear and efficient communication of highly
What You'll Do
- Conducting scientific feasibility for Advanced Cells
- Pre-sales technical support: Provide excellent scientific and
customer support throughout project intake and communicate clearly
and effectively the outcome of feasibility assessments to sales and
- Use critical thinking and work closely with Operations to
propose alternative editing strategies that intersect with our
capabilities and customer needs and present options to
- Post-sale support: Be a conduit between customers, sales, and
EC operations to provide scientific support and context to project
updates and help resolve any concerns, cancellations, or issues
that may arise.
- Managing Global Key Accounts- including facilitating progress
report calls and project tracking.
- Assist with improving and optimizing current processes
- Ph.D. in a relevant biological field (e.g., Molecular/Cell
Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, Synthetic Biology) or MS in a
relevant biological field with at least 2 years of hands-on
experience with mammalian cell culture.
- Hands-on experience with CRISPR and/or human induced
pluripotent stem cells or embryonic stem cells is a plus
- Customer-facing experience within a life science or drug
discovery company is a plus
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), problem-solving,
collaborative and networking skills both towards other
scientists/customers and internal Operations, Product and Sales
teams. Ability to present highly technical information and be the
subject matter expert.
- Detail-oriented and able to multitask in a dynamic environment
with strong organizational skills.
- Keen to help scientists on their path to discovery using
- This is a great opportunity if you are looking to transition
out of the lab to be closer to customers while remaining technical
and up to date with cutting-edge science.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Generous equity at an early stage company
- Robust medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Plan
- Fully stocked kitchen and snacks
- Free catered lunches and dinners
- Onsite Gym
- Daily Shuttle bus to & from San Francisco
Synthego is a genome engineering company that enables the
acceleration of life science research and development in the
pursuit of improved human health.
The company leverages machine learning, automation, and gene
editing to build platforms for science at scale. With its
foundations in engineering disciplines, the companys platforms
vertically integrate proprietary hardware, software,
bioinformatics, chemistries, and molecular biology to advance basic
research, target validation, and clinical trials.
By providing both commercial and academic researchers and
therapeutic developers with unprecedented access to cutting-edge
genome engineering, Synthego is at the forefront of innovation,
accelerating the development of truly engineered biology.
Keywords: Synthego Corporation, Redwood City , Technical Specialist, Engineered Cells, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!