Software Engineer II, Site Reliability
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 2, 2021
Flipboard is a content discovery platform designed to inform and
inspire the world. Available on web, iOS, and Android, Flipboard
offers the world important and influential articles, videos,
podcasts and products shared by the greatest publishers and our
vibrant Flipboard community to advance conversation, keep people
informed, and inspire them to engage, learn, and lead.
We are looking for a Software Engineer II, Infrastructure to
help us build the Flipboard production environment. We work
primarily in AWS, ensuring a highly available and performant
product to millions of users daily. If you have a passion for
large-scale distributed systems, next generation provisioning and
orchestration tools, come check us out. You will be challenged
dealing with the growth of a highly trafficked mobile application
with concurrency in the millions coupled with services that consume
the world of content and social signals constantly.
Flipboard is headquartered in Redwood City, California. Due to
the COVID-19 pandemic, the company is working 100% remotely. We are
open to this position being 100% remote during and post-pandemic
from anywhere in the United States and Canada.
- Ensure the reliable operation of our large scale services in
AWS built using open source technologies including SQL Databases,
Hadoop/HBase, ElasticSearch, Memcached, Redis, and Haproxy all
within Amazon Web Services using the latest in open cloud
technologies with tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Airflow,
Jenkins and Puppet
- Build operational automation and developer tools and
micro-services to help us move faster
- Play a key role in the research, design, and implementation of
new technologies for scaling our growing data sets and processing
- 3 + years experience in a production environment
- Solid skills in developing, maintaining and improving server
- Fluent with advanced shell scripting as well as scripting
languages such as Python or Ruby
- Experience with statically typed languages such as Go, Java
- Experience using and automating in a fully Amazon Web Services
The Ideal Candidate has:
- Experience with Kubernetes and operating Kubernetes
- Proficiency in monitoring production applications In depth
knowledge of virtualization, container technology, service-mesh and
- 5+ years industry software development experience
- Other skills and experience:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in a Linux
- Familiarity with relational databases such as SQL and
distributed data stores
- Experience with performance tuning and system load monitoring
- C.S. or Engineering degree or equivalent experience
Benefits & Perks
- USA: Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health
insurance, plus 401K with an employer match
- Canada: Our benefits include vision, dental, life, health
insurance, "Employee and Family Assistance Program", plus
eligibility to participate in our pension plan with an employer
- All Locations: Flexible hours and generous 'out of office time'
for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness,
personal and family needs | Team celebrations: company
anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies -- you name
it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from
being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to
reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced CEO, Mike McCue, the Flipboard
team is a positive, respectful, and diverse group of bright and
highly capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose
and vision. The Flipboard team is headquartered in the beautiful SF
Bay Area. Although our roots lie in the Silicon Valley, our team
extends around the world: New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles,
Seattle, Vancouver, and London.
- Our culture: We value an environment and culture that
encourages people's voices and perspectives to be heard. We believe
that leveraging our team will lead us to create better products and
services for all our users and partners. We value diversity and
inclusion at Flipboard and are proud to be an equal opportunity
workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity
regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender
identity or Veteran status.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful
progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly
strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our
values, our partners and our user experience which makes our
company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely
on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile
design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from
thousands of publishers around the world, organizes it into highly
personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the
community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value
pioneering new technology to continually increase the power,
efficiency and scale of our platform.
Keywords: Flipboard, Redwood City , Software Engineer II, Site Reliability, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!