Company: Branch Metrics
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 2, 2021
At Branch, we're transforming how brands and users interact
across digital platforms. Our mobile marketing and deep linking
solutions are trusted to deliver seamless experiences that increase
ROI, decrease wasted spend, and eliminate siloed attribution. Our
team consists of smart, humble, and collaborative people who value
ownership over all we do to create a product, team, and company
that lives and breathes our motto: Build Together, Grow Together,
We're taking our learnings thus far and embarking on a
compelling new vision to help transform the on-device experience on
Android together with our OEM partners. Our early efforts are
already deployed on millions of devices globally and we need your
help to expand on this and take it to the next level! If you love
the mobile space, relish a challenge, and want to dabble in
advanced Android while collaborating with a world-class team
building complementary services, come join us!
As an Android Engineer, you'll get to:
- Work on enhancing on-device services powering an advanced
- Build and ship high-quality software development kits (SDK)
that enable our partners to integrate with our platform and provide
delightful experiences to end-users.
- Ideate and develop futuristic features that enable our partners
to continually iterate on deploying unique, outstanding experiences
powered by Branch.
- Dive deep into advanced Kotlin and SQLite to sharpen your
skills or learn new ones.
- Play with lots of devices!
- Take on as much responsibility as you can handle -- ranging
from deep ownership of a specific area of innovation to owning
entire projects, scoping, defining, and leading technical design
and implementation across multi-functional teams.
- Often take vague product requirements and learn to break them
down into smaller components and deliver them.
- Collaborate with product managers, infrastructure, platform,
and data engineers to refine requirements, architect, and implement
- Debug hard problems - that's a given! When things break, and
they will, you will find yourself debugging those challenging bugs
and will be eager and able to fix things.
- Be exposed to other industry experts and build upon your
- Learn something new regularly -- whether it's a new technology,
data pipelines, the quirk of a language, or a whole new language.
If this gives you joy and you're eager to dive in, you'll be right
You'll be a good fit if you have:
- Experience in building native Android applications or services
for 2+ years and/or have shipped software for 4+ years or longer.
If you have a command over Java or Kotlin, that is also a great
substitute for the lack of direct Android experience.
- Experience or interests in building native Android services or
middleware-like components. If your interests are more around
building pixel-perfect UI, we might not be your dream job.
- Proficiency in Java and preferably Kotlin, but comfortable
diving into other languages or technology.
- Experience with the use and functions of the Android SDK and
A little bit about us:
- Branch has raised more than $330M from investors such as NEA,
Founders Fund, and Playground Ventures.
- We are headquartered in Silicon Valley and have presence all
over the world.
- Diversity at Branch ranks in the top 10% for similarly sized
companies (by Comparably).
- We are ranked as the #3 fastest growing company in North
America on Deloitte's 2020 Technology Fast 500 list.
- In 2020, we were recognized as one of Forbes Best Startups,
Great Places to Work, and Bay Area Best Places to Work. In 2021, we
made Comparably's list of the top 50 best engineering teams.
- We have more than 3 billion monthly users and are partnered
with over 75,000 apps.
If you think you'd be a good fit for this role, we'd love for
you to apply! At Branch, we strive to create an inclusive culture
that encourages people from different backgrounds to bring their
unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an
environment that empowers us all to do the best work of our lives,
and we can't wait to show you what we have to offer!
Keywords: Branch Metrics, Redwood City , Android Engineer, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!