Desktop Support Engineer
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 2, 2021
Are you ready to join our mission
to enhance protein optimization and production? Do you have a
passion for applying innovative technology to create novel
products? Come be part of the Codexis, Inc team where every
day we get to unlock the power of
Since 2002, Codexis scientists and
bioinformatics experts have worked collaboratively with our clients
to do just that, enabling breakthrough developments for
applications across multiple industries! As Codexis expands its
footprint we are in constant need to find new ways to diversify
applications of our CodeEvolverTM protein engineering
But we cant do it without
To help us reach our goals we are
looking to hire a Desktop Support Engineer to join
our IT Team.
If any of the below describes
you, we would love to meet you!
Do you enjoy working with a great
team providing IT helpdesk and desktop support for all computer
software, emails, lab computers, applications and
Are you an energetic, motivated IT
professional who thrives in a dynamic
Do you take pride in providing
quality customer service?
Are you excellent in assessing and
troubleshooting technical issues
In this role you will be
- Provide IT helpdesk and desktop support for all computers, software, emails, lab computers, applications, phone, voicemail and printers to all end-users in the office and remote users.
- Perform assessment on lab
computers, lab instruments, internet and network resource
access. Analyze and architect separate network subnets and
reconfigure lab computers to secure network. Analyze, develop
backup and restore of lab computer generated
- Ensure business continuity for lab computers and equipment. Provide support, troubleshooting and maintenance for lab computers and Zebra lab printers.
- Analyze and design migration plan to provide support and maintenance for conference rooms.
- Provide support and maintenance for printer management and toner
- Open helpdesk requests, document resolution in helpdesk system, provide follow-up in a timely manner, escalate calls or
- Monitor and follow up on end-user emails, voicemails or walk-in helpdesk requests.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, telephone, printers, desktops and laptops, lab computers, Macs, label printers and mobile devices
- Manage IT inventory, software, licensing, assets, and IT storage room.
- Administer, troubleshoot, and resolve problems related to Active directory users and email accounts.
- Administer Windows OS update for end user computers patching and updates.
- Perform daily testing of critical systems to ensure operations and proactively identify potential
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and support LAN/WAN, wireless infrastructure & VPN to ensure reliable, secure, and efficient day-to-day network operations.
- Image and setup computers and desktops for deployment and upgrades.
- Upgrade computers to newer Windows operating systems.
- Develop technical documentation such as procedures, work instructions, How to, FAQ and
- Comply with Company IT policies and procedures, change control and SOX ITGCs.
- Participate in other duties and assignments as required in special projects, occasionally during non- business operation hours.
To be successful in this role,
your background and experience should
Bachelors degree in IT technologies or related fields and 1-2 years of work experience.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to assess and resolve technical issues independently and efficiently.
Possess excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong organizational
- Demonstrates patience when troubleshooting and solving technical issues over the phone and in person.
Aptitude to learn quickly when facing new situations or challenges.
Familiar with Windows OS, Microsoft Office, Adobe, Visio, Project, Edge, scientific applications, local and network printing,
network connectivity issues, Windows servers administration, VPN, TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP
troubleshooting and other Ethernet/Remote access issues.
What can Codexis offer you?
(besides an amazing and collaborative
- Full benefits on day your first
- 401k - 100% match on first
- Generous flex time
- Free fitness
- Employee lunch
- Back up child/dependent
NO AGENCIES OR THIRD PARTIES
Codexis is an equal opportunity employer &
prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national
origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Codexis, Redwood City , Desktop Support Engineer, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!