Software Product Owner
Company: Exact Sciences
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 2, 2021
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Software Product Owner will be a key team member that drives
the process of transforming requirements into user stories for
development teams to deliver in an Agile environment. The candidate
will be responsible for following established software engineering
processes and methodologies, including Agile and Software
Development Life Cycle (SDLC), to successfully move solutions
through the development lifecycle. They will perform activities,
such as user story writing and grooming, requirements analysis,
functional specification writing, and user acceptance testing
execution. This position will work closely with Engineers, Product
Managers, and Business Process Analysts to ensure that business
requirements are accurately captured in the user stories, design,
and solutions. This position offers significant growth potential
within an innovative and dynamic cancer diagnostics company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Groom and manage product and sprint user story backlogs to
deliver maximum business value and maximize productivity of the
development teams by aligning to larger strategic objectives.
- Ensure correct business requirements have been gathered related
to digital product offerings and utilize analysis tools such as use
cases and process flows to translate into user story acceptance
- Ensure an effective user experience by creating wireframes,
capturing user interface requirements from an end user point of
view, and utilizing an eye for visual detail.
- Write functional specifications to ensure proper delivery of
- Facilitate solution discussions with development team, focusing
on iterations to allow for maximum business value, and minimal
development and testing effort.
- Develop a detailed understanding systems and processes within
the covered Software areas in a timely manner.
- Make key decisions that drive resolution of product bugs,
defects, and other issues.
- Collaborate with Quality Engineering team to support system and
- Identify opportunities or obstacles concerning data accuracy,
data integrity, and relevance.
- Work effectively in a team-oriented environment with strong
- Deadline and results driven; willing to do whatever is
reasonable to meet deadlines.
- Advanced analytical, problem solving, and trouble-shooting
- Effective written and verbal communication style; including
well-organized and informative presentations.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability,
innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System
policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds for approximately 5% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a
computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a
typical working day.
- Ability and means to travel between Redwood City
- Ability to travel 5% of working time away from work location,
may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science,
or related field; or high school degree/general education diploma
and 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of Bachelor's
- 5+ years of related experience.
- 2+ years of experience working within an Agile framework as a
product owner, product manager, engineer, or subject matter
- 1+ years of experience working in the areas of order
management, physician/patient ordering portals, Electronic Medical
Records, patient reports, and/or data integrations.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the
position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without
- Experience with any of the following technologies: Middleware
(e.g., Mulesoft), APIs, or HL7.
- 2+ years of industry experience within biotechnology, life
sciences, or healthcare.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
and any other status protected by applicable local, state or
federal law. Applicable portions of the Company's affirmative
action program are available to any applicant or employee for
inspection upon request.
Keywords: Exact Sciences, Redwood City , Software Product Owner, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!