Full Stack Software Engineer
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 3, 2021
Located in Redwood City, Ca -- or Remote.
Working at the intersection of hardware, software, and molecular
science, Carbon is committed to delivering on the promise of 3D
printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic
prototyping to producing products with real-world applications.
With our cutting-edge technology, we are seeing customers
innovate and manufacture parts with unmatched reliability, speed,
and quality. You'll be joining a close-knit team, working with
experts in 3D geometry, web technologies, cloud infrastructure,
firmware, and everything in between. We've had fun team activities
where we escape rooms (real and virtual), play games, and cook
We also have a variety of employee-started communities at
Carbon: baking, bootcamp, yoga, gaming, book club, diversity
groups, and many more that you can participate in, and maybe even
start your own!
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will help build our
customer-facing software, primarily focusing on web applications
that enable users to design, visualize, manipulate, and print
digital models. These applications empower the user to innovate and
fabricate products across a variety of industries.
- Architect and build server and browser based systems that
manage digital manufacturing pipelines and their components.
- Build both back-end infrastructure and user-facing
- Participate in design and code reviews, identify and
communicate best development practices.
- 6+ years of production level experience shipping successful
- Experience with full-stack frameworks such as Ruby on Rails or
Express/ Node as well as some experience with front-end development
- Strong skills across relevant server-side technologies,
including networking, security, databases, RESTful services and
REST/GraphQL API development.
- Practical experience building and maintaining distributed
systems utilizing distributed message queues and search engines
- DevOps and/or operational experience and familiarity, e.g. AWS,
Docker, Kubernetes experience preferred.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience building out testing infrastructure
- Experience utilizing and optimizing build infrastructure: e.g.
Bazel, Webpack, Jenkins
- Manufacturing background (worked at a company in the
manufacturing space before)
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for
this position. Here at Carbon, we know that diverse perspectives
foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are
committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of
backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Keywords: Carbon, Redwood City , Full Stack Software Engineer, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!