Software Engineer - Databases & Distributed Systems
Company: Branch Metrics
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 3, 2021
At Branch, we're transforming how brands and users interact
across digital platforms. Our mobile marketing and deep linking
solutions are trusted to deliver seamless experiences that increase
ROI, decrease wasted spend, and eliminate siloed attribution. Our
team consists of smart, humble, and collaborative people who value
ownership over all we do to create a product, team, and company
that lives and breathes our motto: Build Together, Grow Together,
We are hiring a Software Engineer for our Identity team in
Redwood City, CA. You will work alongside a small and deeply
hardworking engineering group, building out services that power
mobile experiences for a majority of top companies around the
world. Today, we are powering over 12 billion API transactions a
day and growing rapidly. You will wear different hats along the
way, traversing our stack, working across our application and data
pipelines using languages like Java and frameworks like Spark,
while shaping our entire system architecture. If this sounds
appealing to you, you will feel right at home at Branch!
If you are passionate about building scalable software services
handling tens of billions of low latency requests per day, come
As a Software Engineer - Databases & Distributed Systems, you'll
- Make impactful improvements to the product by writing high
- Scope, define and own implementation across multi-functional
teams. You will often take vague product requirements and be
responsible for breaking them down into smaller components
displaying committed prioritization and coordination.
- Debug hard problems - that's a given! When things break, and
they will, you will find yourself debugging those challenging bugs
and will be eager and able to fix things.
- Continuously learn something new, whether it's a new technology
or a quirk of a language we otherwise didn't know. On occasion, you
may find yourself picking up a new language or working with an
unfamiliar platform. If this does not intimidate you, and you're
eager to dive in and get the job done you will be right at
You'll be a good fit if you have:
- 2+ years of professional experience building backend systems
- Proficiency in Java and comfortable diving into any language or
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team
- Passion for building and shipping phenomenal customer-facing
- Ability to write readable and testable code.
- High attention to detail and a strong desire to continually
Nice to haves:
- Experience with databases like Postgres, MySQL, and familiarity
with Redis, Kafka, Memcached, Spark.
- Experience working with modern cloud-based microservice
A little bit about us:
- Branch has raised more than $330M from investors such as NEA,
Founders Fund, and Playground Ventures.
- We are headquartered in Silicon Valley and have presence all
over the world.
- Diversity at Branch ranks in the top 10% for similarly sized
companies (by Comparably).
- We are ranked as the #3 fastest growing company in North
America on Deloitte's 2020 Technology Fast 500 list.
- In 2020, we were recognized as one of Forbes Best Startups,
Great Places to Work, and Bay Area Best Places to Work. In 2021, we
made Comparably's list of the top 50 best engineering teams.
- We have more than 3 billion monthly users and are partnered
with over 75,000 apps.
If you think you'd be a good fit for this role, we'd love for
you to apply! At Branch, we strive to create an inclusive culture
that encourages people from different backgrounds to bring their
unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an
environment that empowers us all to do the best work of our lives,
and we can't wait to show you what we have to offer!
Keywords: Branch Metrics, Redwood City , Software Engineer - Databases & Distributed Systems, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!