I T Project Manager
Company: Stanford University
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 3, 2021
This is a one-year fixed-term position, full-time with
IT Project Manager, Business Technology Services
Job Code: 4073
Stanford University is one of the worlds premier academic and
research institutions, devoting tremendous intellectual and
physical resources toward the betterment of humanity. As a major
Silicon Valley employer, Stanford seeks people committed to
excellence and to improving our world. In turn, the university is
committed to supporting its employees as they develop their careers
and enrich their lives. We believe Stanfords future success will be
shaped by the diverse perspectives, unique experiences, and
inclusive culture of its community.
The Business Technology Services (BTS) department serves the
technology needs of the Office of Development (OOD) and the
Stanford Alumni Association (SAA). In addition to ongoing support,
BTS, in partnership with Stanfords University IT department is
accountable for the implementation of the ADAPT Program (Alumni and
Development Applications Platform Transition). ADAPT is a
multi-year program that will migrate Stanford's 20+ year old
PostGrads database and all its associated systems and processes
(e.g., gift-processing, web presence, constituent management, event
management, etc.) to a Salesforce platform or inter-related
systems. The services BTS provides enables OOD, Stanford Alumni
Association (SAA), and their campus partners to better serve,
steward, and digitally engage the university's donors and
The IT Project Manager is a member of the Stanford University
Alumni and Development Application Platform Transition (ADAPT)
Business Technology Services team (BTS), reporting to the Director
of Business Systems and Operations for SAA. The IT Project Manager
will manage large and complex projects with high performance risk,
driving project(s) to completion. They may manage more than one
large project simultaneously. Work is typically comprised of 80%
time contribution towards project leadership and 20% as a technical
In this role, you will:
- Perform the full range of project management cycle: initiating,
planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing.
Independently lead and direct projects requiring high levels of
functional integration and involving multiple disciplines to be
- Direct development of an action plan, and estimate requirements
for resources, including management, labor, materials, and time
required to complete project.
- Facilitate discussions and negotiations to drive recommendation
- Develop and help execute comprehensive change management
strategy and communication plan relative to project scope and
stakeholders; orchestrate and lead change management methodologies
underlying project success.
- These elements typically delineate the project management
involved at this level:
- charter origination or scope identification and shaping, scope
definition; # of disciplines /stakeholders to manage is
across-university impact, and city, county constituents
- Risk-manage, control and report on risk associated with more
complicated projects, affecting division or program as it relates
to their project portfolio and risk sharing and control is skewed
further to the project manager
- project complexity involves synthesizing complex technical data
and driving decisions
- Primary university relationship is at the senior
associate/administrative dean, faculty and directors level
- Cumulative budget/scope from $250k to $600K.
- Demonstrate a commitment to promoting and supporting an
environment of diversity and inclusion.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree in a related field and five years of related
experience in management of projects with extensive size/complexity
and moderate performance risk, including project planning,
scheduling, tracking, and budgeting, or combination of education
and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills to
address a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to productively assemble, engage, and lead
- Demonstrated project management ability to employ integration,
scope time management, cost, quality, human resources,
communications, risk, and procurement components.
- Ability to balance customer expectations with project
- Demonstrated resilience, diplomacy, influence, relationship
building, and problem solving skills in a variety of
- Keen grasp of interpersonal and impact awareness.
- Depth of knowledge in technical discipline/domain needed to
- Demonstrated experience engaging and motivating groups of
WHY STANFORD IS FOR YOU:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms.
Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and
research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized
the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is
our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to
impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and empower you
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition
reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening,
or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous
time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds
of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise
facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails,
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing
incentives, discounts and more
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by
positions in this job classification and are not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and
responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs
without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level
of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University
will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a
disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential
functions of the job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative
action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4073
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: K
- Requisition ID: 88371
Keywords: Stanford University, Redwood City , I T Project Manager, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!