Software Engineer - Android
Company: Caffeine Inc.
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 3, 2021
At Caffeine, we want to change how people consume live
television - making it more friendly, connected, and fun. To do
this, we're building a new social broadcasting platform that
features world-class content, easy-to-use broadcasting tools, a
social and fun viewing experience, and an engaged broadcaster
This is an exciting and enormous challenge, and we will only be
successful if we build a supportive and collaborative team. Our
teams prioritize delighting our community of viewers and
broadcasters, working with intention, taking ownership of our
commitments, and acting with resilience and determination-all with
the intention to ship greatness, always.
As an Android Engineer at Caffeine, you will be contributing to
the Caffeine mobile apps. You will build new features and
interactions, integrating with the backend services and data
analytics that improve our products. You and your team will own and
maintain each app and feature you build, from coding & testing to
deployment & crash analytics.
What you'll do:
- Design, build and maintain mobile apps, components, and
- Write unit, functional, and integration tests for the apps and
features you develop, as well as find and adopt new ones to further
increase maintainability and velocity.
- Optimize app performance and stability.
- Implement feature experiments and usage tracking for product
- Work cross-functionality with our Marketing, Product, and
Design colleagues to build the best experience.
Who you are & What you've done:
- 5+ years of engineering experience with native Android
development with Kotlin.
- Experience converting designs and functional requirements to
technical design documents and implementation plans.
- Experience with CI/CD and writing multiple different test
- Ability to learn and understand new technologies and languages
quickly. The Android app is 100% Kotlin, but occasionally we write
Ruby, Swift, TypeScript, or use whatever tool is required to get
the job done right.
- Experience publishing apps in the App Store or the Play
- Experience with the Android tool ecosystem for development,
testing, debugging, and performance benchmarking.
- Experience with Kotlin, coroutines, constraint layout,
RecyclerView, AndroidX view model, fragments, live data, MVVM,
- Kotlin structure concurrency
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Caffeine. We
believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and
better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests
of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different
backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an
equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Caffeine Inc., Redwood City , Software Engineer - Android, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!