Technical Business Analyst
Company: Exact Sciences
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 3, 2021
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Technical Business Analyst will work closely with the Lab
Informatics Platform teams to define value-driven IT solutions for
the laboratory. The Technical Business Analyst collaborates with
stakeholders and application developers to collect, maintain, and
prioritize the product backlogs. They work with development teams
daily to elaborate user stories and their acceptance criteria, and
ultimately to verify work generated by the software development
teams meets the stakeholders' requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains on-going relationships with business partners to
drive satisfaction with IT.
- Works to elicit high-level requirements and capture business
needs through dialogue with business partners.
- Clearly articulates and documents business requirements.
- Translates business requirements into functional requirements
utilizing a structured process (gathering, analyzing, documenting,
and managing change).
Maintains project requirements according to requirements
- Supports applications and solutions delivery by participating
in design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate requirements and
validate proposed solutions.
- Reviews product design documentation to ensure that
requirements are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable.
Assists in generating use cases/user stories to ensure that all
functional requirements are captured.
- Assesses the risks of various solutions.
- Recommends solutions based on cost vs benefit analysis.
- Develops and executes test plans.
- Plans and supports user acceptance testing and user
Creates documentation to describe program evaluation, testing,
correction, and objective evidence of meeting requirements.
- Provides Level 3 systems and applications support.
- Participates in system and data triage as necessary.
Monitors program performance after implementation to prevent
reoccurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of
- Proactively provides process improvement recommendations within
a quickly evolving company.
- Proactively resolves customer satisfaction issues.
- Work with outside vendors to deliver solutions.
- Conducts compatibility tests with vendor and
- Apply strong analytical skills, prioritization skills, business
intuition, and organizational ability.
- Use excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability
to operate in a cross cultural and complex matrix environment, and
ability to build consensus across functions.
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous
situations and respond to new information or unexpected
- Apply capability for decision making in complex scenarios and
for holding one-self and others accountable to those
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability,
innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System
policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends.
- Ability to work normal schedule of Monday through Friday during
normal business hours.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds for approximately 5% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform
typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective
- Ability to travel approximately 5% of working time.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Computer Science/MIS,
Science, Healthcare-Related Science; or high school degree/general
education diploma and 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of
- 2+ years of professional work experience interfacing with
customers directly and problem solving.
- 1+ year experience in a hands-on technical role supporting
systems development, systems implementation, quality assurance, or
- Authorization to work in the United States without
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the
position with or without accommodation.
- Experience working as business analyst, quality analyst, or
product owner on technology development projects.
- Experience working on Agile development teams.
- Experience working in histology or molecular biology
- Experience with laboratory information management systems.
- Fast and enthusiastic learner.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
and any other status protected by applicable local, state or
federal law. Applicable portions of the Company's affirmative
action program are available to any applicant or employee for
inspection upon request.
Keywords: Exact Sciences, Redwood City , Technical Business Analyst, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!