As a Lead Android Engineer, you will be on the team responsible
for helping to bring our fanciful mobile products to life. You will
collaborate with visual designers and other engineers to deliver
apps that push the boundaries of what is possible in the mobile
entertainment space. Your passion for building scalable,
forward-thinking code is supported by a deep understanding of
mobile app development and a curiosity for exploring new
* A hands-on leader where you'll be coding alongside the team
and can win the technical respect of the team with your own
accomplishments, working in an agile, fast-changing environment,
and leading the team to building a great product.
* A firm grasp of Computer Science fundamentals including object
oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem
solving, and complexity analysis.
* Deep programming experience in Java and Kotlin and at least
one other language.
* Applied understanding of resource constraints including
battery life, network availability, and other mobile-specific
* Comprehensive understanding of Android user interface design
and standards, including Material Design.
* Extensive experience with and knowledge of client-server
applications and RESTful APIs.
* Has shipped and maintained apps, knowing the ins and outs of
Google Play's submission process.
* Has shipped to multiple Android app stores, like Amazon or
* Maintained or have significantly contributed to a popular
Android open-source project.
* Experience with C and C++ development, especially with the
* Experience with other mobile platforms such as iOS or
mobile-web development frameworks.
IMVU, Inc. (http://www.imvu.com) is an online social
entertainment destination where members use 3D avatars to meet new
people, chat, create and play games with their friends. Our
developers are given significant autonomy over their work: we hire
smart people and trust them to use their creativity and talents to
do right by their peers and our customers. We are longstanding
evangelists of Continuous Deployment, strong supporters of open
source software and we spawned the Lean Startup movement. We value
humility, open collaboration and foster an environment that
supports learning from and mentoring others. We want you to grow
your talent and career. We'll provide plenty of interesting
challenges and strong support to ensure your success. At IMVU, we
solve challenging problems and create amazing products together
HOW TO APPLY
* Please try out our app before you apply. We'd like you to
understand our products and have some understanding of our
* Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you
are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications
without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered
for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex,
national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental
disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or
military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other
status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.