Software Development Program Manager - Commerce Team
Company: Electronic Arts
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 3, 2021
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services
that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA
ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our
platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful
relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which
EA's games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game
teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus
on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of
high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and
AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
In Our Team
Program Manager within the EADP Commerce team is responsible to
facilitate designing, development and maintenance of Electronic
Art's Identity and billing infrastructure, tools, and software to
improve quality, distribution and execution of our core products
leading to increased revenues globally. In this role, you will
collaborate with all departments within Electronic Arts in
disparate locations to understand requirements, translate these
requirements into project plans and follow them through to
delivery. Most importantly, you will serve as the driving force
behind each project through all key milestones.
You will report to a Director of Program Management
- Manage the development plan, schedule, and process for multiple
simultaneous projects, including tasks, resources, quality, time,
priorities, and costs.
- Report on progress to management.
- Coordinate releases, including tracking bug/quality metrics,
and ensuring agreement of schedules with customers, our testing
group, and other technology groups.
- Engagement: Lead programs across digital platforms engineering,
game studios, services, and digital platform teams for solutions
needed to run connected games efforts.
- Balance goals and roadmaps from Product Management with
estimates and capacity constraints from Development to provide
- Resolve risks to the delivery of quality products.
- Support Product Management by working with the engineering team
and partners (central teams, game teams) to refine requirements for
- Manage cross-group considerations needed for delivery.
- Pursue continuous improvement efforts based on the feedback
from our partners related to performance indicators.
- Data: Use data and our requirements to provide important
insights on vision, requirements, and service improvements.
Experience / Education:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a related technical
discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years program management experience running medium to large
- 3+ years of experience with modern project management and SDLC
processes and artifacts.
- 3+ years experience across component definition, design,
engagement, engineering, and service management for highly
available online services and platforms.
- Experience with documentation and work tracking tools like:
Confluence, GitLab, JIRA, Teams/Sharepoint, Workfront,
- Experience working on high-scale, high-availability
multi-tenant web services.
- Experience working with multiple teams and partners across
- Delivery track record across multiple large-scale cross group
- Experience with game service and digital platform a strong
- You understand the difference between detail and minutiae. You
like to know what is going on, and make sure everyone else knows
- You create enthusiasm and an environment where everyone can do
great work. You like working with other people and bringing people
- You understand how to prioritize. You understand how long
things take, and you can sequence and order tasks.
- You are risk conscious and are always looking to track and
reduce things that concern you.
- You aim to bring imagination, original ideas, and excitement to
everything you do.
- You like to back up proposals and decisions with data. You
enjoy digging into information to create justification.
- You act with the curiosity and courage that it takes to
experiment and try new things.
- Understanding of and a passion for the digital gaming
- Programming experience
Keywords: Electronic Arts, Redwood City , Software Development Program Manager - Commerce Team, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!