Site Reliability Engineer, Data Platform
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 4, 2021
WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our
mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering
with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital
transformation by creating a single platform for secure content
management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing
opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space,
and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help
capture a majority of this developing market and define what
content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today,
Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500
who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
The Data Platform SRE group is a close-knit and diverse team
that regularly pushes the boundaries of our data infrastructure and
continually drives improvements to the resiliency of Box's data
platform & analytics platform.
As an SRE for Box's Data Platform, you'll be part of a team that
leads the effort in building and scaling the technical foundations
that will allow Box to empower business critical services like Box
Shield, Enterprise Reporting and Business Analytics. We need your
expertise with provisioning hybrid cloud environments with
enterprise grade features like resilience, scalability, durability,
security, compliance, manageability, observability and cost
optimization built in to the core system.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be part of the team that builds and provisions enterprise grade
data, messaging & analytics platforms in public cloud and data
- Develop software and tools to automate and improve routine
infrastructure management changes
- Work with cutting-edge data and analytics technologies while
having great visibility and impact across all of Engineering.
- Work as part of a multi-functional engineering team and enable
yourself and others to build new features and software to grow our
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 3+ years of relevant experience in building and
scaling distributed data infrastructure.
- Experience building big data infrastructure in the public cloud
(AWS, GCP). GCP is preferred
- Experience designing, building & deploying high quality
software with test frameworks and CI/CD
- You have automated routine work with software written in Java,
Scala, Python, Go etc.
- You have a good understanding of messaging & search systems
(Kafka, Elastic Search)
- You are familiar with orchestration engines like Temporal to
execute asynchronous long-running business logic.
- You take initiative when you see a problem; you are a life-long
learner who seeks out knowledge
- You've worked in cross-functional engineering teams and have an
eye for enabling others' success in building new features and
software to grow our business
- You have a BS/MS/ Ph.D. in a scientific field or equivalent
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply,
please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.
Keywords: Box, Redwood City , Site Reliability Engineer, Data Platform, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!