Company: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Under the direction of the Chief or Assistant Chief Engineer,
performs activities concerned with design, construction,
modification, and maintenance of equipment and machinery in medical
center facility. Under limited supervision, ensures efficient and
reliable operation of all machinery, including but not limited to
electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, heating and air conditioning
systems within the Medical Center.
- Under general supervision, performs tasks in support of physical
plant equipment/systems and operations, including life support and
life safety equipment.
- May be required to work in emergency situations during off hours
and on weekend shifts.
- Performs inspections and adjustments of equipment.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, specifications, operation and
maintenance manuals and other documents to determine proper
- Troubleshoots and problem solve under normal and abnormal
- Operates, adjusts and analyzes various pieces of physical plant
equipment through use of computers and microprocessor based
- Tests newly installed machines and equipment to ensure
fulfillment of contract specifications.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory
- Three (3) years of related experience and/or training.
- Journeyman level field service experience in industrial
electrical and/or refrigeration.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Valid California Driver's License.
- CFC certificate required.
- Working knowledgeand ability to perform duties of all trade
classifications including electrical, plumbing, carpentryand
- Must possess a working knowledge of medical gas distributionand
alarm systems, water treatment, steam systems, refrigeration,
compressors, pumps, electric motors,and variable frequency
- Understanding of preventive maintenanceand work order system,
- Competency to operate microprocessor based devices.
- Capable of performing maintenance, troubleshooting,and repair of
HVAC equipment (including chillersand boilers), electrical
distribution,and operating room equipment.
- Ability to readand comprehend simple instructions, short
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-oneand small
group situations to customers, clients,and other incumbents of the
- Ability to regularly liftand /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently
lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Also, refer to Position Specifications outlined in the
appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Engineering background in acute care hospital
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center, Redwood City , Stationary Engineer, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!