Product Manager, Software
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Working at the intersection of hardware, software, and molecular
science, Carbon is committed to delivering on the promise of 3D
printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic
prototyping to producing products with real-world applications.
With our cutting-edge technology, we are seeing customers innovate
and manufacture parts with unmatched reliability, speed, and
Carbon product managers understand our customer's needs and use
that insight to define and launch our products. Carbon product
managers are deeply collaborative: they work with our entire team
to bring solutions to life.
This role will focus on shipping innovative software solutions
in manufacturing management, part design, build preparation for
additive manufacturing, and on-device experiences for people who
use our industry leading printers and accessories.
- Product Definition: Help with definition and prioritization of
Carbon's software solutions, drawing on our full range of
underlying technologies, including hardware, software, and
- Customers and Markets: Conduct primary and secondary research
to understand our customers and the broader market opportunities
- Product Roadmap: Collaborate with senior product management,
software, hardware, and materials development, marketing,
operations, sales, customer care and the executive team to define
our product strategy and roadmap.
- Business Model and Pricing: Ensure that our business model is
as customer-focused and innovative as our technology.
- Competitive Analysis: Understand the world of polymer
manufacturing and our unique position within it.
- Driving Growth: Comfortable working on multiple projects and
balancing competing priorities.
- Product Development Process: Work with developers and designers
to bring our product visions to life. Continuously refine product
plans based on learnings from development progress and our target
customers. Ensure visibility of updated product plans as these
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated track record of success in software Product
Management role and Agile development process, with at least 1 year
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate a
team towards a shared vision.
- Comfortable using and balancing data of different types
(qualitative insights, quantitative analyses, market sizing to name
a few) to drive product definition.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and leadership
- Previous startup or entrepreneurial experience preferred.
- Interest in the product development process - from the
engineers who design, to the teams who optimize for manufacturing,
to the technicians who work on the lines.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for
this position. Here at Carbon, we know that diverse perspectives
foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are
committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of
backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Keywords: Carbon, Redwood City , Product Manager, Software, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!