Materials Handler I - Temporary
Company: Exact Sciences
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Material Handler I will assist in a variety of warehouse
functions including material receipt and inspection, inventory
cycle counting, SAP inventory management, internal inventory
requests, shipping, receiving, and distribution of goods and
supplies. This position will work within defined protocols and
specific procedures for the department. The Material Handler I must
be able to work with minimal supervision and have strong working
knowledge of all warehouse activities.
This position requires excellent attention to detail, effective
written and verbal communication skills, the ability to organize
assigned tasks, and be flexible within a cross collaboration-based
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive, inspect, verify, and store all incoming materials,
specimens, and equipment promptly.
- Consult applicable standard operating procedures (SOP's) for
the processing of materials in ERP and label materials
- Maintain inventory and associated records for raw materials,
intermediates, disposables, and spare parts.
- Contact appropriate persons/departments with receipt details
and schedule pickup/delivery.
- Prepare and execute daily material transfers between multiple
- Support all departments within the organization by pulling,
issuing, and stocking lab Kanban's.
- Package and process materials to be shipped in a manner
consistent with IATA, DOT, and International Customs
- Facilitate shipment of outgoing materials or products utilizing
transportation management systems.
- Contact appropriate employee and/or department with receipt,
pickup, and delivery details when applicable.
- Handle critical materials expeditiously and with caution while
being mindful of storage conditions.
- Complete 5S tasks to ensure the work center is prepared to
- Maintain vehicle logbooks to ensure vehicles are being
maintained and inspected routinely.
- Support and comply with the company's environmental health and
safety (EHS) procedures.
- Ability to accurately follow SOP's.
- Strong documentation skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in team situations as well as
independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability,
innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System
policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work designated schedule.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends as needed.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds for approximately 50% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a
computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 25% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and
forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Ability to work on a computer and phone simultaneously.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective
- Ability and means to travel between Redwood City
- Ability to travel 5% of working time away from work location,
may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Associates Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, or other field
related to the essential duties of the position; or high school
degree/general education diploma and 2 years of experience in lieu
of Associates degree.
- 2+ years of experience in a distribution or warehouse
- 2+ years of experience with Warehouse Management/ERP
- Proficient in using basic software applications including
- Possession of a valid driver's license, no more than two moving
violations in the past 36 months, and no unresolved license
revocation or suspension issues.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a forklift
- Authorization to work in the United States without
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the
position with or without accommodation; No disqualifications for
employment in the US lab industry as determined by the Federal
- 2+ years of experience of core distribution/warehouse duties
within a biotechnology or healthcare environment.
- 2+ years of SAP experience.
- 2+ years of Dangerous Goods Shipping/Handling experience.
- Experience in a biotech manufacturing environment, preferably
in a GMP and/or ISO 13485 environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic shipping/traffic
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
and any other status protected by applicable local, state or
federal law. Applicable portions of the Company's affirmative
action program are available to any applicant or employee for
inspection upon request.
Keywords: Exact Sciences, Redwood City , Materials Handler I - Temporary, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!