Senior Manager - IT Business Systems (G&A)
Company: Allakos Inc.
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Senior Manager - IT Business Systems (G&A)
Allakos Inc. is a clinical-stage company developing therapeutic
antibodies for inhibitory receptors on the surface of immune
effector cells involved in allergic, inflammatory and proliferative
Allakos is committed to developing innovative therapies that
transform patients' lives. We are looking for bright and talented
individuals to join our team and share in our passion and
commitment to improving the lives of patients.
As a member of the Allakos team, you will be responsible for
partnering with Finance, HR, Legal and other Allakos functions to
identify, design, implement and support business capabilities. You
will also manage and support Finance and G&A applications.
The successful candidate must be an experienced professional
with software development life cycle understanding, strong project
management fundamentals, business process analysis skills, and best
practice software configuration knowledge.
This position will work closely with business
partners/stakeholders to integrate technology and business
processes into effective, efficient, and scalable solutions. The
success of the position will be measured on IT project management
delivery, fit of technology solutions to business capability needs,
business partners/stakeholder feedback and IT support metrics. This
position is based in Redwood City, CA and reports to the Senior
Director - IT Business Systems.
- Partner with functional business leaders to understand their
technology needs and ensure technology investments are scoped and
prioritized properly to maximize the company's technology
- Review system requirements and prepares recommendations
anticipating future application needs.
- Lead new system selection processes including requirement
gathering, RFP development, and software vendor selection.
- Responsible for providing day-to-day support, system
administration, availability and performance monitoring, and
continuous improvement activities for systems in portfolio; in
conjunction, develops standard operating procedures (SOP), trains
personnel on use and manages upgrade.
- Partner with Finance to establish and maintain SOX computer
- Oversee ITGC elements of SOX compliance including coordination
with internal/external auditors on quarterly and annual
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with business
partners including co-workers and management.
- Execute agreed upon service levels (i.e. project schedules,
system availability, & service quality).
- Develop and maintain IT Roadmaps in association with Business
- Conduct ongoing research into industry and technology
- Keep stakeholders sufficiently informed on progress with
initiatives or deliverables
Qualifications and Expertise:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience. MBA or
MS degree a plus
- 5+ years working on business transformation and/or IT
- 2+ years of IT management experience in a
biotech/pharmaceutical environment managing systems supporting ERP,
Budgeting, Finance Reporting, Business Intelligence, HR and Expense
- Experience with Oracle Cloud ERP, Oracle EPM preferred.
- Experience with Computer System Validation a plus.
- Strong project management skills and execution record
- Detail-oriented, well organized, and able to assume
responsibility for specific project deliverables with limited
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline-driven
environment that requires the oversight of multiple tasks
- Ability to provide Level 1 support for the applications in the
- Ability to effectively manage service providers/vendors
supporting business systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work
effectively both independently as well as in a team
- Good communication skills and an ability to interact with staff
of all levels of the company.
- Detail-oriented; with strong analytical, organization, and
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot, research, and solve
technically challenging problems involving integrated systems.
- Strong customer service orientation and a high-level
understanding of business processes related to pharmaceutical
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and
The Allakos Values are: Selflessness, Drive, Clarity,
Thoughtfulness, Fun, and Leadership
Allakos is an equal opportunity employer. Allakos will consider
all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on
grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or
maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age,
religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or
civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable)
or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Allakos Inc., Redwood City , Senior Manager - IT Business Systems (G&A), Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!