Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate, Preclinical
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Synthego is seeking an experienced, collaborative and highly
motivated RA/SRA to join the Pre-clinical team. RA/SRA, Preclinical
will be trained and provide support to senior scientists to advance
a defined project from conception to proof-of-concept in vitro and
in vivo. The successful candidate will have experience with
molecular biology techniques such as NGS and ddPCR to evaluate on-
and off-target analysis for genetically modified cell therapy
What You'll Do
- Prepare and QC NGS libraries.
- Operate and maintain MiSeq/NextSeq sequencing platforms.
- Operate and maintain ddPCR Instrument.
- Performs CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing on primary cells and/or
established cell lines.
- Maintain and expand primary cells
- Flow cytometry analysis to phenotype engineered primary
- Test conditions to optimize gene editing of specific cell
- Assist in tissue processing and analyses
- BS or MS in molecular biology, cell biology, gene therapy or
related discipline, with a minimum of 3+ experience in academia or
industry setting, with strong motivation.
- Experience preparing and QC (Fragment analyzer, Qubit, etc.),
of medium to high volume NGS library preparation.
- Experience operating MiSeq or NextSeq platforms is
- Direct experience with molecular biology techniques, including
but not limited to mRNA and DNA prep, PCR, RT-PCR, qPCR.
- Sterile cell culture technique is desired
- Experience running (required) and analyzing (desired)
- Detail-oriented, organized, ability to implement protocols and
keep good notes in a lab notebook is a must.
- Previous experience with multicolor flow cytometry, cell based
assays, ELISA is a plus
- Experience with primary cell isolation (HSC, T cell, B cell,
monocytes, et al) and engineering using viral and/or nonviral
approach is a plus
- Familiarity with NGS data analysis using R or Python a strong
- Ability to present and communicate project updates at team
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment, with "Can do"
and "Do now" attitude
- Demonstrated ability to perform as a team player
Company Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity at a rapid growth company
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Plan
- Free catered lunches and dinners with fully stocked kitchen &
- Onsite Gym
- Daily Shuttle bus to & from San Francisco
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Synthego is a genome engineering company that enables the
acceleration of life science research and development in the
pursuit of improved human health.
The company leverages machine learning, automation, and gene
editing to build platforms for science at scale. With its
foundations in engineering disciplines, the company's platforms
vertically integrate proprietary hardware, software,
bioinformatics, chemistries, and molecular biology to advance basic
research, target validation, and clinical trials.
By providing both commercial and academic researchers and
therapeutic developers with unprecedented access to cutting-edge
genome engineering, Synthego is at the forefront of innovation,
accelerating the development of truly engineered biology.
Keywords: Synthego, Redwood City , Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate, Preclinical, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!