Rigger + Sr Technical Animator - Star Wars
Company: Electronic Arts
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Senior Technical Animator/Rigger - Remote Friendly
Join us in driving the next revolution in games. This is a rare
and unique opportunity at EA to:
- Reimagine a Star Wars mobile product
- Define a new model of game development
We are looking for a Senior Technical Animator to work within
our team to inspire creativity, bring life to our games and build
compelling mobile experiences. As part of this team, you will work
in close collaboration with art, game design, UX, engineering, and
operations. You will report to our Principal Technical Art
Director. The Senior Technical Animator has industry-honed
abilities in both rigging and 3D animation and can work throughout
the entire animation production pipeline.
- You will create rigs, skin characters, animate and export from
- Create appealing, user-friendly, and performant animations for
- Import characters and animations into Unity, setup state
machines and make all connections to the game.
- You will work with the art, engineering and design to help
establish animation style and implement best practices and make
sure all characters are hitting all quality metrics.
- Guide outsourcing partners in technical and stylistic
- Mentor junior/intermediate staff and provide feedback to other
- At least 5 years or 3 shipped titles working in a game
- You have a willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new
problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve technical and
artistic challenges and limitations.
- Expertise in 3D character rigging, skinning
- Experience with animation asset delivery pipelines
- Strong animation skills, demonstrating an understanding of
principles of weight and movement
- Storytelling through animation with creative flair
- Create state machines and animations within technical
constraints (Specifically for Unity)
- Experience with game production process, from beginning to
- A passion for making games!
- Adobe CC
- P4 and Git
- mGear rigging framework
- C# scripting
- VFX experience
- Experience with turn-based RPG or RTS style animations
- Experience in mobile and free-to-play games
Keywords: Electronic Arts, Redwood City , Rigger + Sr Technical Animator - Star Wars, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!