Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats
facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global
transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on
atmospheric CO2 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse
meltdown in wildlife biomass.
The easiest -- if not only -- way to make our civilization
sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous
technology on Earth. But humans won't give up meat. So we need to
make meat better -- more delicious and more nutritious, without
animals as the underlying production technology. That means that
making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem
for the global scientific community.
Impossible Foods' mission is to completely replace the use of
animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers
everything they currently value about animal products -- and making
products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.
To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and
market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways
to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy
foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits
consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public
Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and
technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from
plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is
resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food
revolution-from discovery to commercial production. The only thing
that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our
ability to recruit more world-class experts.
Want to join? Check out the job opening and requirements
Impossible Foods is looking for an experienced, motivated, and
mission-aligned Lab Technician Supervisor to join the Product
Innovation Team. The overarching goal of the group is to design,
research & develop uncompromisingly delicious plant-based products
to drive a consumer movement to eliminate animal agriculture. We
are looking for a person with a passion for science and creating
products to change the world. We want a creative problem solver,
who has excellent record-keeping skills, has an eye for details,
and enjoys working as part of a dynamic team.
- Serve as people manager to cross-functional team of
- Be a proactive and reliable team member, supporting multiple
levels of workflow for benchtop sample production, analytical
testing, and inventory maintenance.
- Collaborate with R&D teams to draft process and equipment
documentation such as batch records and standard operating
- Follow and execute experimental design protocols, equipment &
process SOPs. Capable of authoring and editing SOPs.
- Lead in troubleshooting initiatives surrounding benchtop sample
iteration and analysis efficiency hurdles.
- Organizes tasks or experiments to align with company and
- Train new technician team members.
- Must demonstrate excellent record keeping and
- Communicate and work cross-functionally.
- Voice ideas, concerns and solutions to teammates.
- Improve and maintain research kitchen equipment.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, organized and safe workplace.
- Degree in Food Science or other STEM field with 5+ years of
industry experience working in a research setting.
- Experienced people manager who has demonstrated management of a
small to medium-sized team.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint),
Google Workspace, and Box.
- Experience in fast-paced environment where accuracy is
- Strong knowledge of scientific process (identifying controls,
noise in data, hypothesis, trends).
- Self-motivated to make significant contributions in a team
environment and have good communication and organization
- Positive, motivated, and hardworking attitude.
- Comfortable using math for formulation calculations.
- Ability to continuously establish and maintain excellent record
keeping, inventory, and accountability.
- Ability to work with diverse, dynamic team effectively.
- May stand for long periods of time.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender
(including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status
as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability,
or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act
(CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants.
Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the
application procedure for applicable locations is available here:
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and
processing of your data as required.