Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats
facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global
transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on
atmospheric CO2 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse
meltdown in wildlife biomass.
The easiest -- if not only -- way to make our civilization
sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous
technology on Earth. But humans won't give up meat. So we need to
make meat better -- more delicious and more nutritious, without
animals as the underlying production technology. That means that
making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem
for the global scientific community.
Impossible Foods' mission is to completely replace the use of
animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers
everything they currently value about animal products -- and making
products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.
To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and
market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways
to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy
foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits
consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public
Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and
technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from
plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is
resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food
revolution-from discovery to commercial production. The only thing
that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our
ability to recruit more world-class experts.
Want to join? Check out the job opening and requirements
The Central Sanitation Manager position is responsible for all
activities related to food sanitation across our network of
manufacturing facilities. This individual will play a pivotal role
in establishing and documenting a formal, fully compliant
sanitation program for current sites as well as supporting
- Act as a primary resource to manufacturing sites, to help drive
world class results in the areas of environment sanitation and food
- Develop and drive a sanitation strategy at the central
- Identify long-term goals, leverage resources, and deliver
objectives through cross-functional alignment at the manufacturing
- Develop and sustain sanitation programs which a focus on safety
and cleanliness standards compliance.
- Develop sanitation procedures and validation plans for all new
equipment, processing lines and buildings as part of a CQV
(Commissioning, Qualification and Validation) process.
- Collaborate with Sourcing, Engineering, microbiologists and
manufacturing to successfully plan and execute on equipment and
process improvement projects.
- Set sanitation metrics that support company goals and achieve
safe quality products in a clean environment.
- Support company goals, processes and procedures to ensure
highest quality products are produced in a thoroughly clean
- Provide guidance to manufacturing sites to achieve goals in
accordance with established company policies.
- Provide training in proper cleaning SOPs, chemical use, and
- Research and implement new and/or more efficient methods of
- Develop and oversee partnerships with chemical vendors and
- Needs to interact with external partners and influence without
- BS or MS in Food Science, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Chemistry
or related fields
- 5 - 10 years food industry experience
- 5+ years of progressive experience in food sanitation
- Working knowledge of sanitation methods and chemicals
- Experience in sanitary design principles, FDA for food
manufacturing, HACCP and OSHA principles is preferred
- Strong Oral and written communication skills
- Willing to travel up to 20%
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender
(including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status
as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability,
or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act
(CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants.
Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the
application procedure for applicable locations is available here:
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and
processing of your data as required.