Senior Systems Engineer
Company: ePlus Technology Inc.
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Senior Systems Engineer Azure
Design, implement and manage cloud-based systems
and applications, migrate existing on-premise applications to the
cloud, and debug cloud stacks.
- Design, configure and deploy applications
utilizing the Azure stack (Compute, Web & Mobile, Blobs, Resource
Groups, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, and ARM), focusing on high -
availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Design and configure Virtual Networks (VNets),
subnets, network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings,
security policies and routing.
- Deploy IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud
services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and
- Expose virtual machines and cloud services in
the VNets to the Internet using Azure Load
- Provide high availability for IaaS VMs and PaaS
role instances for access from other services in the VNet with
Azure Load Balancer.
- Develop methodologies for cloud migration, best
practices, develop backup and recovery techniques for applications
and database on virtualization platform.
- Design Resource Manager Template using
- Configure SQL Server Master Data Services (MDS)
in Windows Azure IaaS.
- Manage environment for provisioning Linux
servers and services executed by the providers.
- Experience in all phases of SDLC: Analysis,
Design, Development, Testing and Deployment
- Analyze problems, root causes, and develop
solutions to business challenges and streamlining
- Setup Azure Virtual Appliances (VMs) to meet
security requirements as software based appliance functions
(firewall, WAN optimization and intrusion
- Use firewall appliance where requirements call
for layer 7 security models.
- User Defined Routes with custom route tables for
specific cases to force tunneling to the Internet via On-premise
network and control use of virtual appliances in the customer's
- Associate routes with Virtual networks via the
route table per relationship constraints.
- Manage IP Forwarding for VMs and role instances
acting as virtual appliances.
- Educate teams on the implementation of new
cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as
- Orchestrate and automate cloud-based
- Performs other duties as
- Excellent listening and speaking
- Excellent written communication
- Complete required BSA & OFAC training
- Understand and adhere to BSA and OFAC policy and
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or
- 10+ years of experience with Azure in a Cloud
Engineer role or related position
- Excellent communication and organizational
skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and
meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team of
engineers, or alone as required.
- Azure Solutions Architect Certificate (strongly
- Cloud Security Certificate (strongly
Keywords: ePlus Technology Inc., Redwood City , Senior Systems Engineer, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!