Company: Electronic Arts Inc
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Senior Technical Artist Generalist
Location: EA Redwood Shores
At Maxis, we excel at outrageous thinking. Its the fuel that
inspires the best games in the world. Were trailblazers and great
storytellers. But its not just about amazing your peers its about
amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Work with dazzling minds
and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions
play every day. The Sims 4 has an extremely unique player base,
with 60% of our audience being women between the ages of 18-24. We
are looking for someone with deep insights on how to create the
best experience for our players.
Maxis is looking for a Technical Artist Generalist. We have
projects in both production and pre production phases, and we are
looking for talented teammates to collaborate with to bring our new
characters & worlds to life. If you are passionate about bringing
the latest trends in technology to bear against your craft, and
collaborating with others to develop best in class experiences for
new and existing IPs come join our team.
- Collaborate with Technical & Art Directors, Engineers, and Art
Discipline Leads to develop industry leading content
- Develop tools and workflows to empower world building,
character, & animation artists to craft best in class content.
- Develop and maintain pipelines supporting large libraries of
game art content in live service ecosystems.
- Work with TDs and TADs to develop content performance plans,
and monitor performance to provide performance guidance, based on
established metrics and reporting methods.
- Develops tools, pipelines, & processes for performance
management aligned towards meeting art production goals.
- Firefight production issues, investigating hot issues and
- Collaborate with Technical Art partners across EA to develop
and share pipelines and best practices.
- Keep up with the latest trends and technical tools for
developing content and inspire others through knowledge
- Minimum of 6+ years of tech art, tech animation, and/or world
development experience in Maya for video games.
- Served as a Senior Tech Artist on a published (or soon to be)
video game project.
- Significant experience working in Unreal Editor.
- Experience with Unreal Blueprint and/or asset scripting.
- Expert proficiency with Maya and modern DCC applications.
- Proficiency in Python & Mel (C# and other languages a
- Experience writing tools to aid animators, character, and
object artist workflows.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively across
multiple disciplines to achieve team technical objectives.
- Ability to communicate thru solid documentation of developed
pipelines and workflows.
- Experience in Perforce or other version control software.
- Well versed in Shotgun, Jira or other bug tracking and project
- Experience developing for iOS/Android.
- Experience developing for console hardware
- Machine learning experience, with applications to content
- Experience with Unreal Lighting, Post, and Niagara Visual
- In depth experience with creating and maintaining high end
- Aptitude in working with keyframe animation and motion capture
data, troubleshooting motion data issues, and ensuring animation
- Experience developing and maintaining animation blend trees a
- The ability to read and write shader source code using HLSL or
- Experience with shader networks and procedural texturing.
- Solid understanding of PBR rendering and material / light
- Skills in Substance Designer & Painter workflows.
- Houdini procedural workflow experience.
- Background in photography, painting, concept art, or
Keywords: Electronic Arts Inc, Redwood City , Technical Artist, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!