Principal/Senior Statistical Geneticist (Hereditary Disease)
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare
Recent advancements in genomics and compute technology have
finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a
meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire
ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable
insights to physicians, providing critical information about the
right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for an experienced Statistical Geneticist with
strong computational skills and demonstrated experience in
genotype-phenotype associations analyzes of complex traits with
large scale datasets.
The successful candidate will work on one of society's biggest
healthcare problems of how to associate the right therapy at the
right time to the right individual.
What You'll Do
- The statistical geneticist will use Tempus' extensive database
of genotype and phenotype data to develop methods and implement
analysis that address questions around associating risk of
developing a disease, progressing, comorbidities, complications, or
risk of therapy failure.
- You will use cutting edge statistical genetic analysis methods
to generate insights about human disease and diverse complex
- Integrate and lead hypotheses generation from genetics and
diverse datasets by employing sound statistical genetics and
computational biology approaches in a pan-therapeutic manner.
- Bring in datasets from external and internal sources to help
develop internal resources for various analytical approaches
- Develop and apply innovative statistical genetics approaches to
understand and predict complex disease conditions using
multi-dimensional -omics and clinical data.
- Develop working prototypes of inference methods for transfer to
production software engineers.
- Work collaboratively within a diverse team of Clinical
Scientists, Computational Biologists, and Bioengineers.
- Ph.D. in Statistical Genetics, Genetic Epidemiology,
Quantitative Genetics, Biostatistics, or related area, or
- Programming experience using Python/Jupyter notebooks and/or
R/Bioconductor in analyzing large data sets in modern cluster and
cloud computing environments.
- Proficiency in biostatistics, linear/non-linear regression
models, dimensionality reduction, clustering, and/or bayesian
- 3+ years experience with approaches for marker-trait and
gene-trait association (GWAS, PheWAS, TWAS, QTL mapping, Mendelian
randomization, etc), especially as they relate to implications in
large multi-ethnic cohorts, and/or polygenic risk score prediction
/ genomic prediction
- Experience conducting human genetic analyses in admixed
populations, including genome-wide and local ancestry
- Ability to develop, benchmark and apply predictive algorithms
to identify novel biomarkers, dissect gene/disease relationships
and generate hypotheses
- Knowledge and expertise with whole genome as well as whole
exome sequence analysis
- Exposure to and ability to work with data from UK Biobank,
DisGeNet, & FinnGen is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel, communicate
clearly and effectively and build open and collaborative
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts
to a diverse audience
- Self-driven and works well in interdisciplinary teams
Keywords: Tempus, Redwood City , Principal/Senior Statistical Geneticist (Hereditary Disease), Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!