Regional Sales Director (Midwest/East)
Company: Avinger, Inc.
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Leads and Manages a sales force to achieve sales and profit
goals within the designated/assigned US geography.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Develops strategic sales and marketing objectives, establishes
sales territories and quotas; adjusts sales goals and procedures as
appropriate for their region.
- Manages budgets and evaluates sales performance based on
- Designs and recommends sales programs and sets short and
long-term sales strategies.
- Evaluates and implements appropriate sales techniques to
increase sales volume and successful clinical outcomes.
- Recommends product or service enhancements to improve customer
satisfaction and sales potential as needed.
- Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget in
accordance with corporate objectives.
- Acts as advisor to sales team regarding projects, tasks, and
- Leads and develops assigned team to continually improve
performance, evaluate strengths and developmental needs; provides
appropriate feedback, coaching and mentoring to ensure high levels
of performance within the reporting function.
- Maintains a superior level of knowledge of the applications
related to Avinger products and of the business needs of
multi-hospital organizations to assure effective representation in
- Identifies and resolves customer issues and sales related
- Monitors market, customer and competitor trends and advise
management on methods to improve company competitiveness. Provides
feedback to assist in the determination of optimal multi-hospital
- Identifies opportunities to expand and secure regional account
business through contracts, programs, or other initiatives.
Develops proposals, bids, pricing, programs, and contracts with
support from Avinger sales and marketing management. Negotiates
customer agreements that are acceptable to the interests of the
- Has a solid understanding of National Accounts, IDNs, physician
offices and GPOs and be able to utilize those respective resources
to drive new business growth.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in business or equivalent combination of education and
- A minimum of 7-10 years of related cross functional sales,
marketing, operational and sales management experience is required
with a successful track record, along with a thorough knowledge of
the high-tech medical device market, products, and customers.
- Travel to customer facilities on a regular basis throughout the
assigned territory, with trips by air or car, around 40% of the
time to support the territory; may travel to the corporate office,
trade shows, or other locations throughout North America, as
- Must be a team builder, team player, and strong leader, able to
- Exceptional communication and platform presentation
- A strong work ethic, self-motivation, and entrepreneurial drive
are required, as are high personal values and standards. Honesty,
integrity, the ability to work with minimal supervision, a
conscientious approach to meeting goals and objectives, and the
ability to handle pressure with grace and humor are equally
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems
with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers;
can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis.
- Business Acumen - Knows how business work; knowledgeable in
current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology
and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows
- Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal
and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can
win concessions without damaging relationships; can both be direct
and forceful as well as diplomatic; has a good sense of
- Ability to work in the interest of all of Avinger.
Additionally, a successful individual will need to align and
coordinate the activities for Avinger at multiple levels, Direct
Sales, Distributors, Marketing, Network Channels, etc. Being able
to consider the implications for these various areas and
determining the best course of action will require the ability to
understand complex situations and coordinate efforts across
multiple organizational resources.
- Proficiency with PC or Mac-based office computers, including
familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Understand the job specific quality system procedures and
processes as defined in the Training Matrix and adhere to the
requirements listed in those documents.
- Maintain corporate confidentiality at all times.
Living Avinger's Culture:
As a member of the Avinger team, employees agree to embrace and
live out the core values of Avinger, which are:
- Patients first
- Be open-minded
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed; they are not to be construed as
an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, or on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Avinger, Inc., Redwood City , Regional Sales Director (Midwest/East), Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!