Endpoint Engineering and Development is seeking a Product
Manager to join us on a mission to elevate the experience of our
products and enrich the lives of the Stanford University community.
In this position, you will:
- Collaborate with front- and back-end developers, partners, and
leadership as the Product Manager for Stanford Mobile.
- Build UI mockups, documentation, and prototypes that illustrate
how the application functions and looks to advise developers.
- Present to different audiences, from end-users to senior
leadership, on the status of your products.
- Continuously learn and iterate on your product through
usability testing and analytics gathering to advise your strategy
- Empathize with the user to build an excellent product
experience that solves problems or drives engagement.
Endpoint Engineering and Development (EED) provides a portfolio
of products and services that solve problems and build experience.
EED offers software development, systems engineering, product
management, and visual design. EED is part of University
Information Technology (UIT), a 600-person strong organization
supporting 100+ services.
EED takes pride in bringing a mobile and desktop experience to
Stanford because supporting the research and education mission of a
world-class university can positively impact the world. We build
Stanford Mobile, highlighting content from across the campus in an
engaging way. We also engineer software and systems that support
tens of thousands of people at the University.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or a
combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated product management skills, including the ability
to influence without authority and the ability to manage multiple
- The ability to work effectively with decision-makers across
many levels of the organization.
- Experience developing new business opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience with various marketing elements (e.g.
pricing, audience, channels, communication).
- Demonstrated experience presenting to senior management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Core duties include:
- Lead the decision-making process to define product strategy
which crafts and continually improves upon a portfolio development
and marketing strategy.
- Provide direction to others for implementation of the business
development strategy to meet the product goals.
- Inspire change so that the portfolio continues to meet the
needs of all partners.
- Run the delivery and experience that leads to high customer
happiness and advocacy for the program/product portfolio.
- Coordinate research activities to guide critical
- Handle key vendor relationships.
Why Stanford is For You
Envision a world without search engines or social platforms.
Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and
research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized
the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is
our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to
impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and outstanding perks
empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition
reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening,
or listen to an outstanding author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous
time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds
of health or fitness classes at our premier exercise facilities. We
also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails,
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing
incentives, discounts, and more!
How to Apply
Interested? We invite you to apply for this position by clicking
on the "Apply for Job" button. To be considered, please submit your
rsum and a cover letter along with your online application.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by
positions in this job classification and are not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and
responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs
without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level
of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University
will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a
disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential
functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative
action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
This position is eligible for full-time remote work from any
location in the U.S., with periodic visits to campus once travel
restrictions are lifted.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4918
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: J
- Requisition ID: 89757