Manager, Software Quality Engineering - LIMS Platform
Company: Guardant Health, Inc.
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 9, 2021
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
We believe conquering cancer is a big data problem. That's why
we built the world's leading comprehensive liquid biopsy. This
non-invasive tool for accessing and sequencing tumor DNA is used by
thousands of oncologists to help tens of thousands of advanced
cancer patients. We believe the boom in cancer data acquisition we
helped launch will drive important discoveries and new products.
We're working on some exciting ones, including in early detection,
where the impact on patients can be profound. We've raised more
than $500 million from investors including Sequoia Capital, Khosla
Ventures, OrbiMed, and SoftBank.
Manager, Software Quality Engineering - LIMS Platform
Guardant Health is looking for an energetic and passionate
manager to lead its LIMS platform Quality Engineering team. LIMS
platform team maintains, supports, and scales the platform, which
provides laboratory workflows from order intake to result
distribution and invoicing.
An Ideal candidate would have experience in leading software
quality team in a regulated environment with thorough knowledge of
Quality Engineering best practices and technical expertise to guide
the team in delivering software products meeting the business needs
in an efficient and fast paced environment. This role requires
someone to be self-directed, autonomous, empowered, with coaching
and critical thinking ability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hire, train, coach, mentor and develop high-performing,
geographically distributed team of software quality engineers in an
Agile SDLC environment.
- Build and promote quality driven culture in delivering COTS
based LIMS Platform, Service oriented architecture and cloud-based
API integration platforms.
- Co-define system integration test strategy with cross
functional work streams featuring rich, complex business
logic-oriented customer usage patterns.
- Provide accurate planning, effort and resource estimates, and
milestones for testing to ensure successful implementation in a
- Effectively lead resource allocation based on project
priorities and engage in trade-off negotiations to safeguard the
- Identify cross-platform software quality challenges and devise
innovative solutions for refinement and improvement of quality
- Establish cross-functional relationships across business and
technical leads, architects, and product owners to ensure alignment
with business goals and enterprise-level architectural
- Apply QE standards, best practices, and principles to develop
quality plans that deliver optimal outcomes across multiple
- Define and guide automation team in terms of adding value to
the process with increased speed of delivery without compromising
- Provide technical competency for selection of tools,
approaches, and strategies to challenge the status quo and ensure
perpetual quality improvement.
- Collaborate with DevOps team to define environmental needs for
functional, integration and pre-production phases leading to
successful delivery of monthly and adhoc releases.
- Deliver test documentation to support software development for
medical devices in compliance with FDA, CE mark, IEC 62304, PMDA
and ISO 13485 standards.
As a Manager, Software Quality Engineering you are adept at
understanding system architecture, design, implementation to
succinctly develop tailored test strategy and deliver quality
software products meeting regulatory standards. You have the
aptitude to work on parallel projects with overlapping schedules,
quickly learn new technologies, demonstrate teamwork and technical
leadership. You seek feedback and integrate it in a professional
manner. In addition, you bring:
- B.S or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering,
Bioinformatics, or a related study or equivalent project
- 6+ years of leading software quality engineering team, in a
globally distributed environment preferably in healthcare, pharma
or regulated environments.
- 7+ years of hands-on testing experience in Service Oriented
Architecture environment using COTS/SaaS solutions with API led
- 5+ years of experience in testing integrations in a hybrid
environment leveraging HL7/XML/JSON message formats.
- Designed test automation to support CI/CD pipeline for software
- Proven ability to adapt to new technologies and design test
- Extensive experience in good testing practices, methodologies,
and automated tools.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, including strong
ability to identify and solve ambiguous cross-functional software
quality related problems.
- Expertise in measuring and reporting quality-related metrics to
identify trends, anomalies and proactively resolve problems.
- Experience in identifying, analyzing, and narrowing down system
integration issues and performing root cause analysis.
- Expertise in developing and maintaining SDLC documentation such
as Verification Plan, Report, Risk Assessment and Traceability
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to deliver software releases in frequent cycles using
- Experience working in a regulated environment (CLIA, CAP,
HIPAA, SOX, 21 CFR Part 11, ISO 13485, IEC 62304, and other FDA
regulations) is desired.
- Working experience in MuleSoft platform is a plus.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use
office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a
desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high
noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory
environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.We would
like to talk with you about our exciting projects we currently have
ongoing. Please see guardanthealth.com/jobs for more information
and to apply.
Keywords: Guardant Health, Inc., Redwood City , Manager, Software Quality Engineering - LIMS Platform, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!