Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats
facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global
transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on
atmospheric CO2 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse
meltdown in wildlife biomass.
The easiest -- if not only -- way to make our civilization
sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous
technology on Earth. But humans won't give up meat. So we need to
make meat better -- more delicious and more nutritious, without
animals as the underlying production technology. That means that
making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem
for the global scientific community.
Impossible Foods' mission is to completely replace the use of
animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers
everything they currently value about animal products -- and making
products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.
To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and
market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways
to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy
foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits
consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public
Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and
technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from
plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is
resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food
revolution-from discovery to commercial production. The only thing
that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our
ability to recruit more world-class experts.
Want to join? Check out the job opening and requirements
Impossible Foods is seeking a mission-aligned Senior R&D
Manager, to join the Product Innovation Department - an
interdisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, designers, and
chefs. We are looking for a curious, analytic, collaborative, and
creative "can-do" problem solver that enjoys building innovations,
and a deep expertise in technology development. You will be leading
a team to create technological innovation to drive new product
advancements. We are looking for a leader who can inspire, generate
ideas, manage a team, and drive novel products forward.
- Lead a team of scientists and research associates to build
- Create new delicious and nutritious plant-based meat products
to delight consumers.
- Use rigorous sensory and instrumental assays to guide
- Outside-the-box exploration: playful exploration and de novo
- Turn discoveries into innovations.
- Research and develop new food technologies (flavor, texture,
- Understand ingredients and processes to create new product
- Proactively collaborate cross-functionally and manage multiple
projects that adhere to fast timelines, including lead
- Mentor and managerial guidance to scientists and research
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Material Science, Food Science, Chemical
Engineering, or similar field.
- Many years of post-PhD experience innovating and developing new
- Experience managing a team.
- Passionate about creating new products that meet consumers
- A proven record of initiative, innovation and research
- A strong commitment to Impossible Foods' mission.
- Creative and collaborative problem solver.
- Experience in flavor chemistry and/or new textured material is
- Experience with designing and conducting sensory testing is a
- Self starter with the ability to thrive in a diverse, dynamic
and fast-paced environment.
- Experience managing a team with strong mentoring
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Inclination to challenge assumptions to seek innovative
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender
(including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status
as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability,
or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act
(CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants.
Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the
application procedure for applicable locations is available here:
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and
processing of your data as required.