Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 10, 2021
You will be part of our global Sustaining Engineering Team that
is responsible for enabling the continued operation of our thermal
products-including cables, components, and electronics. Through
collaboration with Integrated Supply Chain, Thermal Technology, and
Product Management, you will verify product performance, maintain
product solutions to international standards, and qualify
Key job responsibilities:
- Create test plans for thermal products in accordance with
product assurance and approvals standard methods.
- Conduct testing of thermal products to product assurance and
approvals standard methods for mechanical, electrical, and other
product performance categories using a wide variety of test methods
- Coordinate internal and external lab resources whether local,
remote, or international.
- Create project plan and manage project with limited
- Support Operations on process development, maintenance, and
- Perform standards and approvals testing and obtain
certification through witness testing.
- Work cross functionally with Product Management, Approvals,
Operations, and New Product Development to develop solutions
acceptable to multiple global approvals agencies.
- Develop, validate, and write standard work for new electrical
and mechanical test methods. Train existing and new personnel on
the use of standard work.
- Document technical results through formal reports.
- Maintain laboratory space to environmental health and safety
- Control, calibrate, and maintain the inspection, measurement,
and test equipment in designated laboratory spaces.
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical testing
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Ideally 2 - 5 years of mechanical laboratory, testing and
- Ability to develop test plans and perform laboratory
- Strong desire to improve processes, introduce automation, and
- 3D CAD modeling experience using SolidWorks a must.
- Technical writing experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with ENOVIA PLM software a plus.
- Experience with one or more of the following an asset:
TableCurve, MATLAB or LabVIEW.
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive
electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion
and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other's
authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks
Keywords: nVent, Redwood City , Mechanical Engineer, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!