Staff Software Engineer, Developer Platform (Backend)
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 12, 2021
WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our
mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering
with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital
transformation by creating a single platform for secure content
management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing
opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space,
and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help
capture a majority of this developing market and define what
content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today,
Box powers over 98,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500
who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
The Box Platform Services Team is responsible for creating the
services and tools for Box Platform for our Developers. We govern,
architect, and build the APIs and management tools that enable
external developers to quickly create rich and powerful enterprise
solutions on the Box Platform. We work in a rapidly iterative
environment where we ship new code every day.
If you have a strong passion for crafting powerful and flexible
APIs and tools that make the development of 3rd party applications
easier, we have a great position for you. We're looking for a
seasoned engineer who can take our developer experience to the next
level, someone who can dive into the developer experience and
deliver impactful improvements that delight our developers and make
them much more productive.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You'll be working with a team to develop and maintain services
and tools for a best-in-class customer development experience
- You'll be designing and developing new features from the ground
up for developers and administrators to create and maintain custom
- You'll be working with other internal teams to help standardize
API behaviors across Box
WHO YOU ARE
- You have designed, built, and maintained services for use in
production and have fluency with Java and/or PHP
- You understand concepts around OAuth2, JWT Auth, token
management, scopes, permissions, and rate limiting
- You have experience working with microservices and
- You often collaborate with engineering and business leaders
across organizations and disciplines
- You have 8+ years of experience as a Software Engineer and an
academic background in computer science, a related field, or the
- NICE TO HAVES:
- You have implemented solutions based on Box APIs
- You have led or contributed to open source projects
- You contribute to developer communities such as Stack Overflow
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply,
please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.
Keywords: Box, Redwood City , Staff Software Engineer, Developer Platform (Backend), Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!