Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
As a Lead Vehicle Package Engineer you will be the main
packaging point of contact in Vehicle Engineering, where multiple
competing interests exist. Using expertise that spans the
full breath of mechanical disciplines, you will drive optimal
resolution of mechanical packaging issues from overall concept
development through production.
- Lead the development and delivery of full vehicle architecture
from a blank page through production
- Perform mechanical design and packaging of vehicle components
to meet system and vehicle requirements while optimizing for
efficiency, cost, weight, ergonomics, manufacturability and
- Lead team(s) in solving highly complex packaging problems
- Develop vehicle architecture layout for multiple products and
variants on same platform
- Lead execution of virtual builds in preparation for physical
- Collaborate with engineers and studio to support hardware
fabrication, interface with suppliers and machine shops for
delivery of mechanical hardware
- Support CAD studies for vehicle variants and platform
- Support BOM and Change Control processes, including weight
- Support the release process with engineering and PLM
- Support vehicle programs through the entire life cycle
including; design, prototype builds, vehicle test, and
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 8+ years of automotive OEM industry experience
- Extensive knowledge of full automotive Interior, Exterior,
Cabin and Underhood packaging preferred
- Proven 3D CAD skills, proficient with CATIA V5/V6 or similar
- Knowledge of manufacturing process with respect to general
- Conversant with current and forthcoming vehicle architectures
and system technologies
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management tools
- Passion for electric vehicles and energy efficiency
- Proven problem solving and communication skills, excellent
numeracy and spatial awareness
- Desire a candidate who is assertive, self-motivated and can
work with minimal direction
- Assembly plant launch experience preferred
- Proficient knowledge of Ergonomics in the automotive design
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.