Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
As a Prototype Driver, Vehicle Testing you will be responsible
for driving prototype and pre-production vehicles and documenting
vehicle behavior in support of departmental engineering tests. This
role reports to our Vehicle Test Operations Supervisor.
Night shift hours would be 4:00 PM - 12:30 AM. Tuesday to
Saturday or Sunday to Thursday. Weekend work time is flexible or
dependent of test requests.
- Test drive and evaluate test vehicles on ‘real world’ driving
situations on test routes/tracks, conduct safety inspections,
perform specialized test procedures and document findings on driver
reports in a clear and concise manner
- Recreate driving scenario in controlled and field tests and
provide feedback to engineering team
- Perform vehicle checks, maintenance and keep vehicle prepared
for field testing daily
- Manual data collection and driving including mapping drives and
final data verification drives
- Specifically, our Vehicle Test Drivers will be responsible for
driving prototype vehicles on various public and private roads in
order to obtain data and troubleshoot technical issues
- The Test Drivers are valuable contributors, providing necessary
feedback to our engineering team in order to advance this
- AA/AS degree, any field; or, demonstrated communication,
analytic, mathematical, and reasoning skills consistent with a
- Valid US driver's license with at least 7 years of driving
experience and a clean driving record (DMV record will be
- Enrollment in DMV Pull Notice Program is a nice-to-have
- Must be able to demonstrate safe driving in all weather
conditions, including rain
- Safety Sensitive position requiring all persons assigned to
activity be drug free
- Able to drive for prolonged periods routinely exceeding eight
or more hours
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends and
- Must have good vision, hearing and motor skills. Alertness and
good driving instinct to monitor automated vehicle performance and
- Basic computer skills and ability to operate GPS
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly both
written and orally
- Exceptional ability and desire to learn new skills and tools.
Ability to apply oneself in new problems in a dynamic lean start-up
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.