Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking an experienced battery expert to join
our Battery Cell Engineering group. This position requires an
analytical mindset with work experience in the field of lithium-ion
batteries and integration into a battery management system (BMS).
This role intends to facilitate the rapid iteration of cell
testing, parameter extraction, integration into the BMS, and the
process of validation. A successful candidate should be a proactive
collaborator, goal driven, and detail oriented. Candidates with
additional skill sets are encouraged to apply and level will be
- Develop and coordinate test methods to characterize cell
parameters for the BMS and validate performance in real world EV
- Build data processing scripts to efficiently extract relevant
values for vehicle and battery controls
- Proactively communicate, collaborate, and bridge the cell team
with BMS controls engineers to ensure successful integration of
battery cell into the vehicle
- Provide data-based guidance on control strategies for battery
cell usage in extreme condition
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- A critical and proactive mindset
- Strong cross-functional communication
- Passionate about learning from others as well as teaching
- Able to design test plans to characterize battery performance
and validate controls
- Able to extract cell parameters based on experimental data
using efficient scripts
- Good understanding of li-ßion battery electrochemistry
- Knowledge of battery operating characteristics at cell and
- Experience with building BMS controls, estimation algorithms,
and equivalent circuit models
- Previous experience in cell testing (Maccor, Arbin, etc.)
- Worked in EV battery industries or similar
- Technical leadership skills and/or project coordination
- 5+ years of relevant experience integrating cells into BMS
- MS degree or higher in STEM fields
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.