Functional Safety Engineer - Software
Company: Lucid Motors
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: September 13, 2021
Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking a Software Functional Safety
Engineer. This position requires experienced professionals with
hands-on experience in functional safety engineering in the context
of ISO 26262 at an OEM or Tier 1 with particular focus on Part 6 –
Product Development at the Software Level. Our ideal candidate
exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with
vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate
excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to
learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced
- Define the software safety plan, safety case, guidelines,
templates and conduct confirmation review for electronic control
- Guide software development teams towards successful
implementation of ISO 26262.
- Drive the development of software functional safety work
products to support the software safety case.
- Consult with, mentor, and coach software development teams in
establishing ISO 26262 compliant procedures and corresponding work
- Conduct software tool evaluation and qualification
- Specify software functional safety requirements to support the
functional safety concept and technical safety concept.
- Develop safety analysis including FTA, FMEA, dependent failure
analysis, freedom from interference.
- Specify SW unit, integration and HW-SW integration test
guideline and plan.
- Collaborate on Functional Safety with hardware and system
development teams, suppliers and other stake holders.
- Knowledge of embedded software development processes and the
systems engineering V-model.
- Experienced in C programming and applying MISRA
- Understanding of AUTOSAR based architectures.
- Experience with model-based design; creating control systems &
models with Matlab/Simulink.
- Experience with automated requirements management tools (e.g.
JAMA etc.) and issue tracking tools (Jira, etc.) and functional
safety tools (e.g. Medini, APIS IQ).
- Knowledge of one or more vehicle embedded systems and functions
related to EV propulsion, Infotainment, ADAS, Chassis, etc.
- Understanding of the product safety responsibility share
between supplier and OEM.
- Strong communication, multitasking, & inter-personal skills,
both in presentation & technical writing .
- Self-discipline and self-direction in high energy start-up
- A strong attention to detail and desire to create the very best
- A collaborative approach to working closely with development
- Excellent writing, verbal and organization skills.
- BS minimum in an engineering discipline such as computer
science, electrical or mechanical engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience as a functional safety
engineer or related role.
- Advanced degrees preferred.
- Experience with electric propulsion systems, body controls or
high voltage systems including relevant controls preferred but not
- Knowledge and experience with Infineon or NXP automotive
- Experience working in an Agile development environment and
using related tools.
- Appreciation of CMMI and Automotive Spice and their role in
delivering a quality product.
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Redwood City , Functional Safety Engineer - Software, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!