Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Systems Analyst. This
position requires a passionate mechanical engineer with a desire to
understand things in depth. They will work with people from across
the company to help accelerate world leading efficiency,
performance, and packaging. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do
attitude and is determined to improve. They don’t just learn how to
do things; they learn why something is the way it is and find ways
to make it better. They are not afraid to be wrong but have a
thirst for knowledge and the progression of engineering. Candidates
will strike a balance between perfection and timeliness and
document as they go.
- Analyze and improve electric traction motor and powertrain
- System modelling of mechanical, and thermal performance of
powertrain components in Matlab/Python.
- Analysis and modelling torque split maps, regenerative braking
maps, and other calibration effects on vehicle efficiency
- Come up with experiments and test plan to characterize
individual components performance and their efficiency
- Data analysis and scripting to automate data collection of
vehicle and powertrain performance
- Support development of high efficiency electric traction
- Work with motor dynometer, chassis dynometer
- Evaluate total vehicle efficiency
- Deep understanding of the physics and fundamental of vehicle
- A proven track record of technical excellence in mechanical /
- Proficient in Matlab and Python or other scripting
- A strong desire to create state-of-the-art engineering products
as an integral part of a very capable team.
- A flair for creative engineering and problem solving.
- Experience of resolving issues through appropriate analysis and
- Strong experience in scripting simulation workflows with
varying availability of documentation.
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and
- A strong desire to create the very best product, working as an
integral part of a very capable team.
- Additional fields of experience (electromagnetics, structural
statics/dynamics, material science).
- Experience with electric vehicle motor design.
- Experience with optimization methods and
- Experience with CANape, CANalyzer
- Experience with Simulink.
- Experience with ANSYS tools.
- Experience with CAD (preferably CATIA).
- BS (preferably MS) in Mechanical/ Electrical / Automotive
engineering or related fields
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.