Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking a Manager for our Battery Cell
Engineering Team. This role is responsible for leading our talented
cell engineers and scientists in complete understanding and
modeling of our battery cells in order to deliver the most
compelling and safe experience using our products. The applicant
should be a creative and analytical thinker with a deep technical
understanding of lithium ion battery cells and proven leadership
and project management expertise.
- Lead, grow, and mentor our Cell Engineering, Cell Safety, Cell
Modeling & Cell Testing groups.
- Ensure our products exceed the highest safety standards
- Find, evaluate, and develop new, cutting edge battery cell
technologies for use in our products
- Specify, test, and ensure performance of battery cells for our
target applications with cell suppliers
- Lead the development of battery cell simulation models and
algorithms alongside the battery software team
- Manage development timelines, budgets, testing equipment, and
technical deliverables both with Cell Engineering team and
Executive Leadership team.
- 3+ years’ demonstrated success leading scientists, engineers &
- 5+ plus years’ experience in Li-ion battery cell or systems
- Expert knowledge of battery performance characteristics at both
cell and system level
- Expert knowledge of various cell designs and construction
- Expert knowledge of cell testing methodology and performance
- A driven personality with critical and independent mindset
- Current and broad overview of all cell technologies, companies
and performance benchmarks
- Deep understanding of Li-ion cell electrochemical processes and
- Knowledge in digital signal processing, embedded systems and
- MS degree in EE, ME, CS, Math, Physics, Chemistry or
- PhD advantageous
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.