Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking a Body Dimensional
Engineer. This position requires an experienced
professional who excels at 3DCS DIMENSIONAL ANALYSIS. Our ideal
candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work
with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to
demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the
ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a
- Expert in body tolerance stacks studies using 3DCS
- Should able to do RSS 1D stacks for quick analysis during the
- Recommend best gauging methods and perform data analysis to
identify special and common cause problems
- Assist in the development and rollout of training to Design
engineers whenever required.
- Support plants in determining the root cause of dimensional
- Working with cross-functional teams to recommend and evaluate
- Develop, validate and incorporate total vehicle Geometric
Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) requirements
- Supporting design and production of all assembly fixtures used
in the body shop and general assembly with manufacturing team
- Assist manufacturing with the assembly line and total vehicle
production by providing relative dimensional input, direction, and
- Track and report on all program dimensional specification (DTS)
requirements and progress towards 100% compliance
- Define preliminary dimensional control plan including datum’s,
drawing requirements, and measurement point routine for KPC part
- Resolve dimensional specifications not meeting established
targets to meet 100% compliance
- Read and interpret CMM reports for part quality.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in 3DCS tolerance stack software,
with an understanding of user dll moves and tolerances.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in dimensional engineering with
automotive body structure
- Background in Dimensional Engineering
- Require hands-on experience in Catia V5/V6.
- Understanding of GD&T, Inspection Methods, Measurement
- Understanding of Statistical Process Capability, Root Cause
Analysis, and Problem Solving Techniques
- PPAP & APQP experience is beneficial
- Data loop/polyworks inspector knowledge/experience is
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong ability to utilize Microsoft Office tools
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Strong understanding of product design, vehicle assembly, and
- Stronghold on ASME Y14.M 2009, certified SME GDTP
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.