Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking a Technician to help perform damaged
battery analysis and securing for Vehicle Safety & Battery Safety.
This position requires an experienced professional with hands-on
experience on high voltage batteries or systems. Our ideal
candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work
with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to
demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the
ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a
- Be first responder to all battery incidents providing a damaged
battery assessment and analysis -engineering test or in the
- Proceed to battery securing if necessary prior to
transportation and recycling
- Ensure a proper packaging for the transportation of hazardous
material with respect to the appropriate regulations.
- Report and document failure modes discovered during field
- Maintain and develop an expert network with the service and
engineering teams to identify critically damaged packs.
- Capability to assess risks and mitigate them for all the
stakeholders (logistics, recyclers…)
- Always operate and maintain a safe working environment for all
- Document battery interventions and support shipment planning
- Ability and willingness to travel to domestic and
internationally test facilities or field incident locations.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
while managing competing priorities in a rapid growth
- First responder is a 24/7 operation; must be available to
support occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- Well organized and highly detail oriented.
- Wide variety of experience repairing and replacing components
on high voltage batteries
- Ability to operate a wide variety of tools and shop
- Ability to use computers effectively for communication and
reporting (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to communicate effectively in all forms (verbal, calls,
- A go-getter attitude and the desire to do things right.
- Ability to maintain an organized and clean work environment.
Adhere to and enforce 5S standards.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and
- Maintain top level professional integrity and appearance as a
- An Associate Degree in Engineering or Automotive Technology
from an accredited institution or Automotive OEM Test Technician
Training and/or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in the field of battery or high voltage
manufacturing -prototype preferred
- Knowledge of battery related risks and appropriate
- Experience with performing battery tear-downs and post mortem
- A history of working independently with limited oversight or
input once a base understanding has been established
- An ability to mitigate unforeseen problems creatively and
- Proven track records of working with high-voltage, high current
systems (power supplies, batteries, etc.)
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.