Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking a Junior Engineer, Interior
Components and Systems. This position requires a drive for
learning, creativity and the automotive industry.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches
his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be
expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to
possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection
within a fast-paced environment.
- Learn to use and operate our PLM and CAD system
- Perform CAD modeling and mechanical engineering design of
various interior components
- Create mock-ups and 3D printed assemblies for prototype
- Track project progress for various assemblies with suppliers
for manufacture of parts and help track open issues of items
- Manage BOM and PLM for interior components and work cross
functionally to help in the release and revision control of parts
- Develop methods for improving part manufacturability, improved
strength and stiffness
- Where possible utilize FEA and CFD to validate empirical
calculations or work with cross functional teams to generate
- Apply mechanical engineering principles on fluid dynamics,
mechanical statics and dynamics to help improve part design for the
- Help ensure safety during testing and assembly of parts in
interior sub assembly process
- Use CATIA to convey ideas to managers and teams
- Support engineers to provide development and supplier
assistance to part development
- Creates reports for various aspect of arriving parts including,
measurement data, quality, appearance
- Support GA to assemble vehicles and diagnose build
- New Grad to 2 years of related experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of automotive process and
- Experienced in using CAD to create 2D/3D concept drawings
- Basic Understanding and experience in part design and
understanding of plastic injection molding, sheet metal, castings
- Experience with metals, plastics and composites
- Hands on experience designing, making, manufacturing,
testing/using parts or products
- Demonstrated experience as a detail-oriented engineer
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to achieve success in a
fast-paced startup environment
- A solid knowledge of plastic parts design, structural
performance, manufacturing technologies, craftsmanship, ergonomics,
safety and homologation requirements
- Preferred experience with CATIA v5 or v6 /3D experience
- Strong competency in materials selection, plastic injection
molding/DFM, and GD&T
- A strong desire to create the very best product, working as an
integral part of a very capable team
- A practical hands-on approach to complement the
- Exceptional technical abilities paired with excellent
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineer or in a relevant
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.