Director, Resident Programs
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: October 6, 2021
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
• Associate Compassion Fund
• Associate Discounts
• Identity theft protection
• Pet savings and insurance plans
• Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
• Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses,
incentive, or commission plans.
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all
associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held
religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
The Resident Programs Director has the primary responsibility and
authority to oversee the quality of life for resident engagement as
outlined in Brookdale mission and cornerstones, the Optimum Life
philosophy and culture, as well as the Resident Programs Standards
of Excellence. The Resident Programs Director serves as a part of
the management team to ensure policies and procedures are
understood, trained, and implemented. The Resident Programs
Director hires, trains, and manages at least one and a half full
time associates to ensure all program expectations are in place and
all customers involved have quality of life and are
- Performs all duties in a professional manner and participates
in community leadership decision-making so as to have a positive
impact on community business operations including management of
department budget and staff.
- Provides subject matter expertise to the management team
regarding associates' and residents' engagement and quality of
life. Participates in annual resident satisfaction survey
initiatives and addresses resident complaints and grievances.
- Negotiates and manages community contracts in significant
matters such as staffing, contract labor, vendors and
- Participates in the review of individual residents' service
plans and regularly documents progress. Participate in discharge
planning with other members of the management team.
- Responds appropriately to resident emergencies, using
independent judgment for "in the moment" decisions, calling or
contacting appropriate internal and external parties according to
the established protocol. May also assist with disaster management
efforts and activities during evacuations, (i.e. hurricanes,
- Ensures that Resident Programs meet all state, federal, and
- Plans, develops and implements creative and exciting Resident
Programs to meet the individual needs and interests of the
residents within the community as well as through outside trips and
events; includes coordination of one-to-one programming for
residents who cannot participate in a group setting.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards or Excellence for
- Responsible for maintaining Resident Programs' mission and
model which are the foundation of community programs.
- Ensures resident welcome and engagement protocols are in
- Through independent judgment and discretion, manages a
volunteer program, including recruitment, training, and supervising
- Ensures daily, weekly and monthly calendar of events
requirements are met.
- Ensures specialty programs are scheduled according to the
Resident Program Annual Master Calendar.
- Ensures marketing, promoting and communicating materials are of
- Maintains community environment (including equipment and
supplies) to support whole-person wellness culture for resident
- Coordinates the transportation of residents to and from events
outside of the community, which may include driving a community
- Directly supervises Resident Program Assistants/Coordinators
and Transportation drivers as needed. May act in supervisory
capacity as manager on duty or in the absence of the Executive
Director, if assigned.
This job description represents an overview of the
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of
. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Redwood City , Director, Resident Programs, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!