Diesel or Hybrid Bus Mechanic
Company: First Transit
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: October 7, 2021
First Transit, a leader in fixed-route, paratransit, shuttle bus
and fleet maintenance services, is now hiring an Entry-Level Fleet
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $30 - $55/HR based on experience & qualifications (NOT
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Major
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are
safe for our customers.
- Assist with preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections
and annual maintenance inspections.
- Assist in accurately diagnosing and performing mechanical
repairs including the repair of brakes, suspensions, drivetrains,
transmission clutches and other repairs under direct
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek supervisor
approval where required.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and
corrective action taken.
- Move vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies and procedures.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Qualifications:
- Vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is
- Valid driver’s license required.
- 1-2 years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience
or combination of education & experience.
- Must have appropriate mechanic’s tool set.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in company ASE
certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
- Be subject to a drug test.
Apply today to join our team!
First Transit (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leading
provider of transportation services, moving more than 350 million
passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500
dedicated transit professionals at more than 300 locations in the
US, Canada and Puerto Rico.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California,
FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Keywords: First Transit, Redwood City , Diesel or Hybrid Bus Mechanic, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!