Reimbursement Patient Access Specialist
Company: Guardant Health
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on
helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary
blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant
Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial
adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare
costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant
Health has launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360, Guardant360
CDx and GuardantOMNI tests for advanced stage cancer patients.
These tests fuel development of its LUNAR program, which aims to
address the needs of early stage cancer patients with neoadjuvant
and adjuvant treatment selection, cancer survivors with
surveillance, asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer
screening and individuals at a higher risk for developing cancer
with early detection.
The Reimbursement Patient Access Specialist is responsible for
providing exceptional support to Guardant Health customers, the
Guardant Health Clinical Laboratory, Sales Representatives and our
billing vendor. The Reimbursement Patient Access Specialist must
possess the ability to communicate professionally and effectively
with all individuals, including external customers and internal
Guardant Health personnel.
Duties To Include
- Receive and respond to telephone and email inquiries from
physician offices, insurance companies, sales representatives and
- Check incoming requisitions for insurance, Medicare, Medical,
etc. patient eligibility.
- Contact clients and patients to obtain or verify billing
- Contact clients and patients with information on our Financial
- Export data from LIMS; upload data into various applications
for benefits eligibility and patient information. Document all
phone calls and follow up activities.
- Contact physicians and other medical personnel to obtain
missing information pertaining to billing.
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) pertaining to
Client Services requirements.
- Perform quality checks to ensure accuracy of data entry.
- Appropriately field calls for reimbursement and billing.
- Other administrative duties.
- Verify incoming requisitions for payment type and data
- Hours and days may vary depending on operational needs, and
some lifting (up to 25 pounds) may be necessary.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and
- Ability to work as part of a team comprised of internal
employees, contractors and managers.
- Ability to multitask and take on various projects.
- Ability to work with self-discipline, good judgment and
independence in a dynamic office setting.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills are required, as
is computer proficiency.
- Solid experience using Salesforce.com and Microsoft
- Flexibility with respect to working hours based on operational
Covid Vaccination Policy: Starting January 7, 2022, Guardant Health
will require all employees to be fully vaccinated to either (a)
establish that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19; or
(b) request and obtain an approved exemption from Guardants
COVID-19 U.S. Vaccination Policy as a reasonable accommodation, as
consistent with applicable laws. An employee is considered fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the second
dose of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose
vaccination. Acceptable vaccines are approved or under emergency
use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
and/or the World Health Organization (WHO). In addition,
fully-vaccinated employees will be required to maintain their
fully-vaccinated status under this policy by obtaining, if
applicable, any FDA-approved boosters.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use
office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a
desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high
noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory
environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a
position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review
our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
Please visit our career page at:
Keywords: Guardant Health, Redwood City , Reimbursement Patient Access Specialist, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!