Scientist (I/II/III) Upstream Process Development (BioTx)
Company: Codexis, Inc.
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Are you ready to join our mission to create value by engineering
innovative biological solutions to meaningful challenges? Come be
part of the Codexis, Inc. team where every day we get to unlock the
power of proteins--!
Since 2002, Codexis' scientists and bioinformatics experts have
worked collaboratively with our clients to do just that, enabling
breakthrough developments for applications across multiple
industries! As Codexis expands its footprint we are in constant
need to find new ways to diversify applications of our
CodeEvolver--- protein engineering platform.
But we can't do it without YOU!
To help us meet our goals we are looking to hire an experienced
Upstream Process Development Scientist to join our Bioprocess
Development team. You will play a key role as an upstream SME to
develop, optimize and scale up robust microbial fermentation
processes, primarily for therapeutic proteins. This position will
be responsible for the design and execution of upstream processes
for different development stages, as well as coordination within
CMC project teams. The upstream process development scientist will
also be responsible for mentoring junior scientists, engineers and
If any of the below describes you, we would love to meet you!
- Are you excited about the advancement of biotherapeutic
candidates to improve the quality of life for patients?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced yet collaborative and supportive
- Would you enjoy leading and mentoring a small team of process
engineers and research associates?
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Design, execute and document fermentation process development
experiments, such as optimization of media components, feeding
control strategy, etc.
- Support time-sensitive upstream activities related to
pre-clinical and clinical studies.
- Manage process development project timelines. Collaborate with
internal CMC project teams and external CDMO partners.
- Mentor and supervise staff. Committed to fostering growth of
mentees within supportive work environment.
To be successful in this role your background and experience should
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Microbiology, Microbial
Physiology, or related discipline with 0- 5 years of relevant
industrial experience; M.S or B.S. with at least 8 to 10 years
relevant industrial experience, respectively.
- Sound understanding of protein biochemistry, microbiology, and
recombinant protein expression systems in microbial hosts.
- Knowledge of engineering principles related to scale-up of
- Excellent communication skills and proven track-record in
technical project management.
- Experience in preparing stage-appropriate development
A Working knowledge of the following would be deemed a huge plus!:
- Working knowledge of Mammalian Cell line development and cell
culture process development.
- Experimental design and data analysis capabilities including
Design of Experiments (DOE).
- Familiarity of cGMP environment and regulatory requirements for
What can Codexis offer you? (besides an amazing and collaborative
- Full benefits on your first day
- 100% match on 401k (up to 4%)
- Generous flex time off
- Fitness reimbursement
- Free fitness classes
- Back up child/dependent care
- Commuter vouchers
- Much more!
PRINCIPALS ONLYNO AGENCIES OR THIRD PARTIESCodexis is an equal
opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on
race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability,
marital & veteran status.
Keywords: Codexis, Inc., Redwood City , Scientist (I/II/III) Upstream Process Development (BioTx), Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!