Senior Systems Engineer.
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Ethicons Robotic & Digital Solutions team, part of Johnson &
Johnson Medical Devices Companies, is recruiting for a Senior
Systems Engineer, located in Redwood City, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is focused on shaping the future
of digital surgery and expanding its robotics and digital solutions
offerings across the entire portfolio, with multi-specialty,
end-to-end solutions in orthopaedics, endoluminal intervention and
general surgery. This includes the MONARCH platform, a
first-of-its-kind robotic technology indicated for bronchoscopic
visualization of and access to patient airways for diagnostic and
therapeutic procedures in the lung.
Ethicon, part of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has
made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years
from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with
minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape
the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address
the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save
more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions
including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats
and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity
worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact.
For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for the system level
design and integration of capital equipment products that consist
of electrical and electro-mechanical subsystems. You will lead
multi-functional teams to design and develop groundbreaking medical
devices! This is an excellent opportunity for you to have a key
role bringing exciting new products to market while also providing
the opportunity for professional growth!
You will understand the system from both a technical perspective
and the users viewpoint, and drive definition and development of
the Monarch system. We are looking for a candidate who can work
independently and function well within a team. The candidate is
flexible, self-motivated, curious and passionate about
revolutionizing the world of medical robotics.
We are a technology company defining the future of medical
intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics,
instrumentation, navigation and data science, we are building a
platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of
robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Lead cross-functional teams to tie all aspects of the system
together and meet program goals
- Serve as a liaison between clinical/marketing, program
management, and the engineering design teams
- Translate clinical and business needs to system
- Generate use cases, trade studies, and risk assessments to
facilitate systematic trade-off decisions and robust engineering
- Develop test methods to accurately characterize, and verify the
system design against performance requirements
- Build prototypes and fixtures for data acquisition and
- Work cross-disciplinarily to provide hands-on system
troubleshooting and debugging
- Utilize sound engineering methods and documentation processes
to perform design reviews and failure mode analyses
- BS/BA Degree in Biomedical, Electrical, Computer Science,
Mechanical or any related engineering field required.
- 3+ years of relevant working experience in industry or in a
research environment - medical device experience is preferred.
- Proficiency with C++, Python, or Matlab is preferred.
- Strong proficiencies with at least one engineering field, i.e.,
mechanical, electrical, software, robotics, or computer science
- Good understanding of system lifecycle phases and design
control processes required.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a multifunctional
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- knowledgeable in FDA and ISO regulations. FDA CFR Part 820
and/or ISO 13485 knowledge is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discrimination.
United States-California-Redwood City-150 Shoreline Dr
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)
Keywords: Johnson & Johnson, Redwood City , Senior Systems Engineer., Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!